Services Procurement / Contracting Manager at Newmont Inc
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Inc
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics / Transportation Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Our Core Values:
Are you a leader that can work in adherence to Newmont’s core values of;
About This Role:
- To develop, implement, continuously improve and execute Newmont’s purchasing strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire regional and site Supply Chain, specifically for service-oriented categories and underground mining related contracts.
- The role is fully responsible for the people, process and delivery of the sourcing and procurement strategy and other supply chain activities for Subika underground mining -. Acts as an interface between Subika underground, Ahafo Open Pit site regional and global category management and technical services. The role holder must have expert knowledge of supply chain, Lifecycle Procurement, Contract Management and a good understanding of underground mining operations.
- This role oversees all supply chain related activities at Subika underground operation and also provides procurement for all site operation and also provides site regional or global category support when required. The role also requires effective leadership to be successful.
In This Role You Will:
- Collaborate and develop Service and Procurement strategy in line with Business Plan and operations and (Subika) Underground needs.
Budgeting and Costing
- Track and ensure compliance with procurement plan.
- Drive spend visibility versus contract commitment.
Client and Customer Management
- Interface with internal customers to ensure effective visibility of the procurement stage gate, build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Lead operational meetings to drive client satisfaction.
- Review and analyze the performance of external business partners to ensure services are provided as per Newmont’s expectations, contract agreements and Service Level Agreements.
- Communicate procurement stage gate vision and build strong working relationships with internal client executives.
- Oversee all Supply Chain related activities at Subika underground operation.
Procurement and Contract Management
- Lead the coordination of sourcing, procurement and creation/maintenance of simple and complex contract agreements.
- Validate and provide procurement inputs for development of business operational and capital budgets.
- Provide support in sourcing and procurement activities.
- Review key agreements and contracts to protect and advance Newmont’s interests.
- Coordinate resolution of issues to help meet performance expectations and ensure collaboration within the supply chain for effective value delivery.
- Own the supplier management plan deliverables within the supplier risk management process.
- Align and collaborate with Full potential at site level for delivery of supply chain work stream.
- Lead and mobilise the team in identifying and capturing new spend areas where Supply Chain can add value and drive cost savings; aggressively track and improve non-compliance with preferred suppliers and develop new suppliers.
- Develop skills and abilities of direct and indirect reports through ongoing performance measurement and feedback.
- Provide career guidance and act as a champion and be willing to mentor other colleagues in the supply chain organisation.
Supplier and Vendor Management
- Oversee the rationalisation and selection of suppliers to optimise Newmont’s supply base; ensure strong working relationships with these suppliers are developed and maintained and provide direction to monitor and continually improve suppliers’ performance.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting,Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of SAP or equivalent enterprise level software packages is necessary.
- Knowledge of System Implementation methodology.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Supply Chain functional knowledge.
- Knowledge of P2P transactional processes.
- ERP/EAP System knowledge.
- Knowledge of local customs and regulations.
- Mining business acumen.
- Life Cycle Procurement and Contract Management Practioner.
- Supplier risk Management Process- Practioner.
- 7 to 10 years of directly related procurement experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years of management and leadership experience – leading teams and having direct reports.
- Mining experience preferred.
- Underground mining exposure is an additional advantage.
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Influence and persuasion.
- Drive for results.
- Modelling (Should Cost, Scenario, Market International).
- Advanced administrative skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Assessment and auditing skills.
- Business analysis, continuity, and business development skills.
- Business modelling and proposals.
- Change and conflict management.
- Coaching, leadership, motivation and mentoring skills.
- Commercial Category Strategy.
- Commercial Demand Forecast.
- Contract drafting, growing and contract management.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Facilitation, consultation and networking skills.
- Financial management.
- Interviewing and presentation skills.
- Liaison and negotiation skills.
- Performance and portfolio management.
- Project and programme management
- Research and reporting.
- Risk and quality management.
- Supply Chain management.
- Supplier relationship skills.
- Assertive and influential.
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Results driven.
- Team player.
- Willing to learn continually.
- Work well under pressure.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27 Dec, 2020