Senior Security Supervisor at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To manage the day to day Ahafo Mine Operational Site security services and activities, which are executed and resourced through an outsourced guarding contract, providing professional level assistance with development, delivery and management of security.
Prepare security procedures, instructions and job descriptions to ensure clarity and consistency and ensure that all reviews are done timeously.
- Monitor the operating and administrative activities of the contracted security force as well as security equipment and implements assigned to personnel
Contract Performance Management
- Supervise the day to day operations of assigned Operations in managing access and egress of company property, patrols, surveillance, monitoring security systems and responding to alarms.
- Contribute to the identification and development of Ahafo security contract tender specifications and performance requirements and measures.
- Manage the Operations aspect of the outsourced security contract including execution of security tasks to the appropriate standard at fixed installations, security operations center, and investigative and analytical functions.
- Track contractor performance as per SLA and manage any non-conformance and performance related to Plant security..
Contract Resource Management
- Participate in the induction of new guards
- Identify security resource requirements.
- Prepare rosters and schedules to ensure continuous and effective security force supervision and co-ordination.
- Ensure that all shifts have security supervisors on duty or on call.
- Ensure that business partner supervisors have a duty roster and work accordingly.
- Acts as coordination point in emergency situations by staying apprised of Rapid Response System activities, monitoring emergency activities and responding as outlined in company procedure.
- Keep supervisors apprised of emergency situations with regular updates.
Planning and Reporting
- Prepare, perform analyses, and prepare a consolidated monthly report for review by the Security Manager for further distribution and filing.
- Assist the security manager in developing operating budgets for the security department.
- Manages resource security aspect of the budget.
- Prepare and review reports prepared by security personnel and take follow-up action as necessary
Safety and Compliance
- Drive safety culture in all aspects of security operations.
- Oversee that all work carried out adheres to Health and Safety standard operating procedures.
- Liaise with departments and contractors on badging issues and provide reports to the site security manager.
- Supervise storing and accounting for NGGL equipment issued to security personnel.
- Forward a consolidated monthly report to the security Manager for further distribution and filing. This report shall include the status of vehicles, radios and chargers, telephones, other equipment when applicable.
- Manage all Operational security related projects with Security Contractors.
- Understand and assess Plant Security requirements for mining projects and developments.
- Co-ordinate resource and security requirements for mining Plant projects and developments.
- Preparation of weekly project progress reports and project administration, writing and tracking projects.
Training & Experience
- Professional Diploma in Security.
- CDP preferable.
- Knowledge of gold plant security
- Knowledge and experience with electronic security systems is recommended.
- Knowledge of English language, written and spoken, is required.
- Knowledge of informatics systems is required.
- Working knowledge of Ghana Criminal and Mine related Laws.
- Knowledge and experience within the security industry is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ of relevant security experience.
- Experience in public security services is preferable.
- Prior experience working with an expatriate work force.
- Strong Supervisory and Management experience.
- Must have a strong administrative background and functioning knowledge of procurement, budgeting and reporting.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong PC Skills, including MS Office, Word Excel, Power Point and outlook applications.
- Ability to deliver written reports with applicable statistics.
- Knowledge of vendors and suppliers applicable to the department.
- Knowledge of internal administration and communication processes, procedures and systems.
- Contract management experience.
- Information monitoring and management skills.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Administrative skills.
- Detail focused.
- Results driven.
- Team player.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative, team-based and multi-national / cultural environment.
- Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
o Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
o Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for
extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal. Required to work in office and field environments. May be required to travel and assist other domestic and international Sites.
- May be required to travel and assist other domestic or international sites
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.