Right To Play Job Vacancy : Logistics Officer
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Right To Play
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics / Transportation Jobs in Ghana
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in 18 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Our programs are facilitated by more than 550 international staff and 15,800 local volunteer Coaches.The Africa Regional Office located in Kampala, Uganda, supports 8 country offices including; Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania.
Job Posting – Logistics Officer
Closing Date: March 9, 2018
Organization: Right To Play International
The Ghana Country Office is currently searching for a qualified and self-driven candidate to join a team of professionals in Ghana as Logistics Officer.
The Logistics Officer reports directly to the Country Director (CD) and is responsible for procurement and transportation activities in the respective country. The incumbent also manage store and fixed assets, support administration and oversee execution of rehabilitation projects. The incumbent works closely with the Program Manager, Finance Officer/ Finance and Administration Officer and Project Officers as required.
Job Responsibility #1: Logistics and fleet management (30% of Time):
• Ensures all maintenance and control of RTP/donor logistics and procedures are fulfilled.
• Ensures that timely periodic vehicles/generators maintenance is conducted according to specific kilometre coverage and running time.
• Monitors the issuing and use of fuel by maintaining an accurate, clear and transparent record of fuel consumption.
• Advises on road conditions for country side travel to ensure the safety of passengers.
• Coordinates transportation of staff and goods in the field.
• In coordination with Finance Officer/Finance and Administration Officer, ensures timely payment of all RTP utility bills, subscriptions and other bills.
• Liaises with relevant government ministries, customs authorities and other departments for the clearing of imported/exported goods.
• Facilitates arrangements for visitors, meetings, conferences and special events.
Job Responsibility #2: Procurement (25% of Time):
• Coordinates and facilitates the procurement requirements of the program office on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines.
• Reviews pre-qualification suppliers list against procurement policy.
• Ensures compliance with procurement procedures as per field-authorization level manual.
• Responsible for procurement committees’ constitution and for arranging meetings to make purchase decisions.
• Creates purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached.
• Ensures invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and matched receipts of purchase orders.
• Handles contract management in regards to renewal, payment etc.
• Ensures deliveries are processed in an adequate and timely manner.
Job Responsibility #3: Store and fixed assets management (15% of Time):
• Oversees the management of the store and keeps the store in good condition. Checks balances of goods and equipment and reports to Finance Officer.
• Keeps and registers returned used projects materials.
• Produces monthly stock reports for Finance Officer and CD consideration.
• Develops appropriate systems and procedures for the management of the programme’s assets, adapted to the specific needs of each site.
Job Responsibility #4: Rehabilitation project management ( 15% of Time):
• Manages all technical and scheduling project aspects and coordinates with other team members toward an effective and efficient execution of the project.
• Coordinates with construction managers to ensure proper and on time implementation of the project.
• Follows up on the implementation of the rehabilitation work and provides Program Manager/Country Director with continuous updates.
• Follows up with contractors on quality of delivery, payment and project end.
Job Responsibility #5: Team management (10% of Time):
• Supervises and monitors all drivers in their daily duties such as daily vehicle inspections, preventative maintenance reporting, logbooks, cleaning of vehicles and adherence to safety.
• Ensures that the direct reporting team are familiar with their roles and responsibilities within their individual job profiles and provides all coaching and support to build their capacity.
• Carries out the performance appraisal of the direct reporting team.
Job Responsibility #6: Performs Other Duties (5% of Time):
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Employment Start Date: Immediately
Contract Duration: Long term engagement based on performance and availability of funds
Note: The successful candidate will be employed as a local staff member of Ghana. Compensation and benefits will follow the local package. This is not an international position.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in management, administration or related discipline.
• 3 years’ experience in logistics and/or procurement in national or international level.
• Computer literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to use automated procurement systems
• Understanding of fleet management
• Skilled in record keeping and documentation
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Asset to have):
• Holding a driving license
• Degree in project management
• Experience in working with NGO or I/NGOs
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent research and negotiation skills
• A solid team player with respect for others
• Effective organization skills
• Ability to manage a team and provide feedback
• Ability to travel locally and internationally is required
• Ability to legally work in Ghana, without sponsorship.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] and kindly include “Logistics Officer” and your name in the subject line. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Closing Date: 09 March, 2018 Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs.