Regional Long-term Planning Manager at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- Responsible for the Regional Long-term planning team and delivery of Long-term mine planning work packages, including long term aspects of business planning, support of site based studies/projects, Full Potential and Strategic Resource Development (SRD).
- Provide visible and felt leadership in support of health, safety, security and S&ER programs.
- Be responsible for the generation of timely and accurate Long Term Planning work packages for the region.
- Ensure the execution of Long-term Planning standards, guidelines, procedures, best practices and planning improvement initiatives, including consideration of safety in design.
- Support and collaborate with the site mine planning teams in the generation of the short and medium term portion of the Business Plan to ensure a single integrated Life of Asset Business Plan for the sites and region as part of a bridge planning process.
- Work with global Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and SRD group to adopt and test new Long Term Planning processes and tools to improve Long Term Planning/strategic planning practices.
- Build and maintain trust and credibility with key stakeholders including the site Technical Services Manager, Site Business Manager and site functional teams.
- Draw on experiences in open pit and/or underground to ensure the Long Term deliverables are considering and applying diversified engineering techniques.
- Work with the mine-site geological, geotechnical, metallurgical, geostatistical and S&ER teams to align, consult and inform on key work package deliverables.
- Collaborate with the project teams in developing of high level models to evaluate project alternatives and select recommended plans for project advancement.
- Develop final Investment System compliant project financials models for all projects advancing through investment approval.
- Provide project teams with all required sensitivity analysis and align values with current corporate financial guidance.
- Provide guidance to verify strategic fit of projects and advancement thereof to achieve Reserve and Resource deliveries, based on corporate goals and feedback from Strategy sessions including engagement with the SRD group as required and with guidance from the Regional Director Long-term Planning.
- Work with regional, site, exploration, SRD and project leadership to define operation and project plan options, and source required data necessary for generation and analysis of plan options.
- Generate scenarios which provide alternative development paths to the region and the corporation based on portfolio needs and corporate guidance, present alternatives and make recommendations for site and project operations and project development for each scenario for regional approval.
- Develop and maintain strategic planning models which combine production and business metrics from projects and operations to provide clarity on asset value and optionality.
- Develop strategic options in collaboration with the sites and Regional Director Long-term Planning, to support Scenario planning requirements to inform business plan inputs.
- Work with sites to manage development of Life of Asset business operating plan physicals (budget) consistent with recommended strategic plan and approved by site and management teams.
- Develop Long Term Planning talent under the guidance of the Regional Director and SME/governance group; this includes providing feedback, coaching and training to improve relevant skills with a view to succession planning for this role and general improvement in the use of new techniques, technology, software and best practices.
- Lead regional reserve reporting process, coordinate site and project teams to verify compliance with Newmont and SME guidelines and SEC regulations.
- Lead the Long-Term Planning team through development of reserve and resource estimates, ensuring alignment of reserve and resource declarations with long-term regional strategic view.
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent is essential.
- Relevant certificates of competency – certification as Professional Engineer, and/or Qualified-Competent Person status.
- Must have strong understanding of financial modelling and analysis including: discounted and undiscounted financial analysis and reporting, fixed/variable cost modelling, project incremental analysis, stockpile inventory calculation and logic.
- Knowledge of exploration methods and resource estimation.
- Minimum of 12 years experience in mine planning, optimization, operations and strategic planning in large and diversified mine sites, with preference for experience in conventional hard rock Gold / Copper-Gold operations.
- Conisderable experience in supervision and leadership of Mine Engineering professional staff and related groups.
- Experience in operations with complex multi mine, multi process situations preferable and seasoned knowledge of mine methods, mine design, production scheduling, equipment selection, reserve estimation, maintenance and expert systems.
- High level of competence in the use of mine planning software, including optimal techniques and cash flow analysis and extensive experience with mine design and scheduling packages from Deswik, Geovia Whittle, MineSight, or Maptek.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence and impact in a dynamic, multitasking environment with competing priorities and a high level of cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to build and maintain a strong communications network with Planning peers, Technical Services Managers, Project/Study Directors, Mine Managers, and JV partner representatives.
- Strong problem solving and 3D visualization skills.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer focus.
- Attention to detail.
- The position is nominally located at the Regional office in Accra.
- Employee will be required to travel to site (25-35%), and the corporate office (10-15%) based on engagement needs.
- Position requires travel nationally and internationally.
- Will be required to access mining and processing areas, rough terrain, or exploration sites.
- Extended and unpredictable hours is the norm.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for detailed or precise work is extreme.
- Must be sensitive to cultural differences within the Company.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 19 Nov, 2020