Procurement Assistant at Ministry of Finance
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Ministry of Finance
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics / Transportation Jobs in Ghana
- GHANA ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION PROJECT (GETP)
- IDA CREDIT NUMBER 6465-GH
- SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
- REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
- (CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS SELECTION)
- Component 1 – Enabling investments: This component will focus on improving the enabling business environment, investment attraction capacity, and the quality infrastructure support system for companies that want to invest and grow their businesses in Ghana.
- Component 2 – Crowding-in investments: Promoting spatial and industrial planning and development: This component will focus on enhancing the Government’s programs in investment promotion and spatial development (including Special Economic Zones), thereby addressing the constraint to access quality industrial land in the country.
- Component 3 – Accelerating Entrepreneurship and Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) growth: This component will support entrepreneurship and MSME growth in non-resource-based sectors, addressing specifically the limited development of the MSME and entrepreneurship support ecosystem, including early stage financing.
- Component 4 – Project Management and Evaluation: This component will finance project management activities including fiduciary responsibilities, procurement, communication and dissemination, as well as monitoring and evaluation of project implementation and its impact. This will include capacity building for the Project Coordinating Unit (PCU), the Economic Transformation Unit and the Resource Mobilization and Economic Relations Division (RMERD) within the Ministry of Finance (MOF).
- Assist with review all available project documents to enhance procurement procedures for the management and implementation of the Project;
- Assist in establishing a Procurement Management System for the Project Coordinating Unit and the Implementing Agencies based on the guidelines and procedures for the conduct of procurement under Government regulations for the procurement of goods, works and services under the Ghana Public Procurement Act/World Bank or other funding partners Procurement Guidelines as appropriate;
- Assist in setting up a procurement management tracking system that would monitor the implementation of procurement activities;
- Assist in consultation with the Implementing Agencies, prepare and update the Project’s Annual Procurement Plan, detailing contract packages for goods and services, the estimated cost for each package, the procurement or selection methods and processing times till completion of each procurement activity;
- Assist in monitoring procurement implementation and update the procurement plans prepared at the beginning of the Project, for the procurement of goods, and the procurement of Consultant’s services, annually and whenever it becomes necessary to do so;
- Assist in preparing the annual General Procurement Notices (GPNs), and Specific Procurement Notices (SPNs), and Request for Expressions of Interest (REOIs) whenever required;
- Assist in establishing a register of qualified suppliers and consultants and periodically update this register;
- Assist, in consultation with the IAs, coordinate the preparation of Terms of Reference (TORs) for the preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) on consulting assignments, and Specifications for the preparation of bidding documents for goods and activities, using standard documentation agreed with GoG/World Bank and other funding agencies, and participate in the evaluation of Expressions of Interest for shortlists and pre-qualification of suppliers and contractors where necessary;
- Assist and participate in bid opening sessions, evaluate goods bids and consultants’ proposals, and ensure that the appropriate guidelines are followed to arrive at the recommendations for award in favour of suppliers and consultants;
- Assist in the maintenance and update of the procurement filing and contract documentation system that is in place to ensure timely and quality data and information storage and retrieval to assist and support procurement operations and auditing of the GET project;
- Assist with the maintenance of project procurement files, ensure that full documentation linkages exist between procurement and financial management and report all inconsistencies and missing documentation to the Procurement Specialist for appropriate action;
- Assist in all procurement activities undertaken by the PCU in providing various forms of assistance as delegated by the Procurement Specialist at appropriate stages in the procurement of goods, works, consulting services and non – consulting services for both the PCU and other Implementing Agencies as appropriate; and
- Any other duties as delegated or assigned by the Procurement Specialist in furtherance of the achievements of the objectives and targets of Project.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain or related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- Applicant must have had at least 3 years of demonstrable practical hands-on experience in the Selection of Consultants, Procurement of Goods, Works and Non – Consulting Services;
- Applicant must be computer literate and must have a working knowledge of the use of MSOffice suite of products;
- Familiarity with Contracting and Contract Administration issues will be an added advantage; and
- Extensive experience in public procurement or procurement under donor funded projects or programmes.
- Applicant must be familiar with the World Bank Systematic Tracking of Exchanges in Procurement (STEP) software.
How To Apply
The application should include the following documents:
- An updated CV
- Copies of relevant diplomas (university degrees, etc.)
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with Individual Consultant Selection Method as set out in the Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services [July 2016 Revised November 2017 and August 2018]).
Submission of Expressions of Interest
Interested Consultants may obtain further clarification and Terms of Reference, preferably by e-mail, at the address below from 9.00AM to 4.00PM, Monday through Friday (except on public holidays).
Expressions of interest shall be in English and must be delivered via electronic submissions to the following email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected] by 10.00am on Monday, November 9, 2020.
THE PROJECT COORDINATOR
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
BOX MB 40, ACCRA, GHANA
ATTN: PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
GHANA ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION PROJECT
THIRD FLOOR, CONFERENCE ROOM