Process Maintenance General Foreman – Mechanical at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Eastern Region
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- To manage mechanical maintenance work and ensure that production plans are realised.
- To lead and support Mechanical Supervisors and Technicians and support career development for Mechanical Apprentices to enable competency levels and availability goals to be achieved.
In This Role You Will:
- Liaise with maintenance management to identify training needs of the mechanical maintenance employee workforce.
- Build and develop a mechanical maintenance team capable of carrying out needed engineering initiatives.
- Initiate modification for various plant areas to improve equipment efficiency and productivity.
Health and Safety Management
- Manage adherence of mechanical maintenance to all HSLP, Environment and Social Responsibility requirements under Newmont’s Integrated.
- Oversee and manage site-wide mechanical compliance through the delivery of statutory inspections and reports.
- Ensure that applicable health and safety regulations and compliance programs are implemented.
Mechanical Maintenance Execution
- Develop and implement maintenance strategies based on RCM techniques, budgets and plans to ensure maximum equipment availability at optimum cost.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance operating cost forecasts, budgets and monthly maintenance reports.
- Prepare AFE documentations for Capital Projects.
- Establish work schedules and coordinate the activities of Mechanical Supervisors to complete both scheduled maintenance and unscheduled breakdown repairs with minimal disruptions to production schedules.
- Collaborate with the stores / procurement department to ensure that all the necessary maintenance parts and supplies are available to maintain operations at the process plant and associated facilities.
- Oversee the development and review of the maintenance standard task procedures (STPs).
- Provide input into failure analysis studies and recommend alternative strategies for maintenance.
- Oversee all Crane operating activities at both the process plant and other departments.
- Assign and manage resources (permanent and Contract employees) during both planned and unplanned shutdowns.
Mechanical Maintenance Management
- Oversee maintenance work in all process plant areas (i.e. Crushing, Grinding, CIL, Elution, CCD, WSF, Machining, Workshop for rebuilding & fabrication, Rubber & Belt splicing and TSF).
- Assist in major works and troubleshooting on process plant equipment and their accessories.
- Provide technical support when major work is to be carried out on any area of the process plant equipment.
- Produce mechanical related maintenance reports on a case by case basis and submit to the Superintendent.
- Discuss maintenance issues arising from the maintenance and operation supervisor’s meeting with the maintenance superintendent.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of training programs for the national workforce in performing maintenance tasks for the Akyem process plant.
- Manage allocated staff member(s) by:
- performing the first level of performance appraisals.
- recommending further / relevant training courses and development actions.
- disciplining bad performance, behavior or actions.
- enhancing communication with staff through regular feedback, contact, meetings and briefings, etc.
Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Supervise the tasks completed by the Supervisors and Technicians and verify that these are performed according to specified plans.
- Provide and coordinate support to the team, in order to execute the plant modification and to achieve result in a timely manner.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Sectional Engineering Certification of competency / MINCOM Certification.
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge of the work management process.
- Advanced knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
- Advanced knowledge in maintenance of mechanical plant equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Working knowledge in laser alignment machine to align various drive shaft of crushers, mills transmission drives, agitators, pumps and conveyer systems,
- Working knowledge in welding applications.
- Minimum of 6 – 8 years’ experience in a mining process plant or similar environment.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity, managing large and diverse teams.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), MS Project.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Advanced planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Strong technical skills in Engineering Management, quality assurance and cost.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong consultation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Advance interpretation of engineering drawing.
- Risk Taking.
- Safety Conscious.
- Team Player.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The employee occasionally is exposed to noise, fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11 Feb. 2021