Principal Budget Officer – Performance Monitoring & Reporting at African Development Bank
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: African Development Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Africa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Senior Vice-Presidency is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve its strategic objective and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results. The Senior Vice-Presidency will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions. The Senior Vice-Presidency will lead Senior Management discussions, decision-making processes and the implementation of key Board and Management decisions.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The primary role of the Programming and Budget Department is to develop a strategic approach to planning and budgeting, and to coordinate the definition, planning, implementation and monitoring of Bank-wide programming and budgeting processes.
The Budget Execution Coordination Division is responsible for budget execution coordination support through the coordination of the work programme planning, budgeting and resource management at the various complexes in close consultation with all stakeholders throughout the Budget cycle. It is also responsible for corporate performance monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the work program and budget. It contributes to the development of Key Performance Indicators and provides quantitative and qualitative analyses on the Bank’s performance for information, control and decision making. In addition, it is in charge of implementing capacity building programs on budgeting and resource management.
Under the general supervision of the Director of the Programming and Budget Department, and reporting to the Division Manager, SNPB.2, the incumbent’s work objectives are as follows:
- Coordinate periodic reports to Management and the Board on Bank performance comprising of: (i) Quarterly Budget and Work Performance Report; (ii) Retrospective Review of the Administrative and Capital Expenditure Budgets and Performance Report and; (iii) Other Budget and Performance reports requested by Senior Management or by the Board;
- Coordinate with Business units and the Delivery Performance Management and Results Department (SNDR) to define Institutional Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor the performance of the Bank;
- Liaise with IT Department to develop, maintain and update on a regular basis, a dashboard for KPIs to provide timely information and improve data management;
- Ensure data quality management for reporting purposes and provide quantitative and qualitative analyses on Bank Performance for decision making.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the Principal Budget Officer – Performance Monitoring and Reporting, will coordinate the implementation of the performance monitoring and reporting activities. His/her duties include:
- Coordinate the preparation of the statutory quarterly Budgets and Work Programme Performance Reports of the Bank and any other relevant performance reports as required.
- Lead the analysis on Performance Monitoring Data for periodic assessment of resource utilization status and propose corrective measures for variances to ensure that resources are properly assigned
- Coordinate with Business units and the Delivery Performance Management and Results Department (SNDR) in the development/revision of the KPIs in order to rationalize for more value adding and effective monitoring and reporting system; Monitor Institutional and Complex KPIs against targets set by the Bank;
- Conduct independent research and analyses on Performance and budget issues, identify problems, propose solutions and make recommendations to Management;
- Ensure the enhancement of the Budget and Work Programme Performance Reporting Systems and Dashboards
- Elaborate and coordinate responses to queries from Board Members with respect to the statutory Budgets and Work Programme Performance reports and contribute to the elaboration of the Programming and Budget Document and other Ad-hoc reports;
- Working closely with Business units and the Delivery and Performance Management Unit to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the performance of organizational units on budget and related work programmes.
- Participation in institutional initiatives and working groups on behalf of the division as may be assigned by the Division Manager.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management or related fields;
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience with exposure to international and/or multicultural contexts
- Experience in budgeting and institutional performance reporting for both internal and external audiences
- Good Knowledge of operational strategies, policies, rules, procedures and practices of the Bank or similar institutions.
- Experience in design and implementation of budgeting and performance reporting systems, management information systems and dashboards as well as business process enhancement initiatives.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking capacity: Capacity to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on financial, budget and corporate performance statistics and data and accurately interprete results to derive meaningful information for reporting to senior management and higher levels of authority e.g. Board of Directors
- Demonstrate high degree of attention to details and strong focus on data quality control.
- High-level skills in report writing: Ability to present information clearly and concisely in appropriate style and language to suit the requirements of a specific audience as well as handle sensitive information.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities under heavy work pressure tight deadlines while maintaining speed and accuracy.
- Problem Solving: Ability to apply business knowledge to diagnose and resolve problems effectively and timely
- Ability to use innovative and creative approaches to enhance performance.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to ensure sound working relationships with colleagues, effectively coordinate team assignments and build partnerships with a broad range of clients to deliver high quality results.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of ERP Systems (preferably SAP), Business Intelligence tools and SAP BW, standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and good knowledge of operational and project management systems.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 07 June, 2020