Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana Job Vacancy : Research, Monitoring And Evaluation Manager
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) governed by respectable volunteers. The governing body formulate policies which are implemented by staff. PPAG, a leading provider of information and services, hereby invites result-oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant positions to be filled in the Association.
RESEARCH, M&E MANAGER
|Director of Service Delivery and Programmes|
|Developing a strong M&E system and playing the key role of facilitating the input of staff of the Association (from programmes and service delivery, Finance), partners and other stakeholders in planning, designing and measurement of programmes and services delivery activities with the aim of achieving the Association’s targets.|
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working under the direction of the Director SD &P, the RM&E Manager will ensure high-quality programme information is available and used to promote program accountability, learning and improvement.
- The job holder will perform quality control and regulate audit of the programme progress and results.
- S/he will also provide informed and independent professional advice to the Association with a view to improve the delivery process and achieving high impact outcomes.
- The RM&E Manager will lead in the use of M&E software to measure programming impact, capture learning and manage the knowledge bank.
- S/he will be key in the development and implementation of the Association’s Strategic Plan, making sure that programme design is tied to desired impact including monitoring and evaluating the delivery of the key outcomes in the Strategic Plan
- Liaise with IPPFARO and other partners on data related matters
- Providing expertise in M&E planning and methodology
- Participating in and providing support to project design activities including development of project theories of change and strategic frameworks (Results Frameworks, Log Frames)
- Developing a Monitoring and Evaluation plan
- Helping determine performance and impact indicators and targets
- Providing support to proposal development for M&E components
- Support the development of the APB indicators and log frames
M & E systems development and Day-to-Day Monitoring and Evaluation Activities
- Design and maintain a monitoring and evaluation system for the programme that produces timely and trustworthy data results
- lead in revision of indicators and results matrix whenever appropriate and based on outcomes of the Strategic Plan
- Master and lead in the use of the M & E software and other technological innovations for collecting and analysing data so as to measure programming impact.
- Lead the M&E Team to prepare consolidated programmes and services progress reports for management and submission to relevant bodies as well as guide partner agencies in preparing their reports when required.
- Mentor and train staff on quality report writing with a focus on donor and all other stakeholder requirements.
- Designing and developing monitoring tools as well as data collection tools and training M&E Officers and Project Officers in their use
- Monitoring project activities, outputs and progress towards anticipated results
- Working with data platforms, databases and select technologies to capture and organize data
- Training project staff in monitoring and evaluation of processes and providing ongoing coaching
- Conducting or providing support to data quality assessments
- Roll out new data and M&E initiatives within the Association
Analysis and Reporting
- Determining data analysis procedures and using quantitative or qualitative analysis tools
- Cleaning, sorting, categorizing and organizing data
- Analysing quantitative and/or qualitative data
- Summarizing findings
- Developing monthly, quarterly or annual reports depending on project requirements
- Disseminating evaluation findings and project results to donors and other stakeholders
Evaluation, Impact Assessment or Special Studies
The Research, M&E Manager will often be involved in special studies (formative research, operations research etc.) or evaluations which may be conducted by the M&E team and project staff in the case of an internal evaluation or with the assistance of external evaluation consultants in the case of final or impact evaluations depending on donor requirements and resources. This will include:
- Conducting programme analysis or special studies when required
- Supporting or leading evaluation teams
- Managing external evaluation consultants and draft scopes of work
- Developing, standardizing and deploying survey tools, and other data collection forms to realize the effective use of monitoring plans
- With stakeholders, set out the framework and procedures for evaluating programme activities and outcomes.
- Reviewing existing social and economic data, including methods employed in data collection to ensure they are fit for use as baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Based on the review of existing data on the area, draw up the TOR for, design and cost out baseline surveys, needs assessments and impact evaluations.
- Designing appropriate tools for conducting participatory discussion with groups of clients.
- Implementing and improving existing monitoring tools for staff to ensure appropriateness of the programme and to gauge its impact, including a system of recording and presenting relevant data.
- Provide oversight support to knowledge management processes within the organizations. Responsibilities can include:
- Create regular discussion forums for cross-sharing and debating on M & E findings and processes , internally and externally
- Document and disseminate key findings from programme studies and evaluations in accessible forms that can influence programme design and donor policies.
- Contributing to institutional learning processes
- Convening communities of practice and other organizational learning practices
- Tracking and dissemination of best practices in monitoring and evaluation
Research and M&E Capacity Building
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
- Train project staff on the efficient use of the M&E software and other tools, ensuring they all understands the importance of M&E to programming.
- Train programme staff and local partners on the logical framework, data management, data analysis and result-oriented programming, basic surveying and sampling techniques, monitoring and Evaluation methods and principles and report writing techniques and requirements for PPAG donors.
- Supervise training of partners in M&E and reporting and engage them in monitoring their own projects.
- Conduct periodic client audits visit with a view of identifying success stories.
- Ensure all trainings delivered to project and service delivery staff and partners are prompt, timely and documented.
- Work with partner agencies M&E teams to agree and execute periodic progress monitoring and reporting, in line with the overall reporting timelines.
- Identify the need and draw up TORs for specific project studies.
- Travel to the country programmes to monitor and evaluate projects, train staff and roll out new tools and software.
Undertake any other reasonable in line with PPAG mission as may be requested by the ED.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in statistics, project management or related fields.
- At least 5-year experience as an M&E expert in development work.
- INGO experience in multi-sectorial programmes.
- Excellent end –user skills in an M&E software commonly used by INGOs.
- Familiarity with the Results Framework approach is required.
- Experience in M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory).
- Experience delivering capacity building programmes in the economic development sector for multiple stakeholders such as youth groups and CSOs.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in information analysis and writing comprehensive and high quality reports.
- Familiarity with and a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for self-management.
- Advance computer skills in all MS Office programmes.
- Personal specification will include excellent statistical acumen, investigation skills and writing skills
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) including two referees their email addresses and cell phone numbers to:
The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5786, Accra-North.
OR drop in at: PPAG Head Office, Lartebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR e-mail: [email protected] Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview