National Project Coordinator at UNDP
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Coordinated partnerships between relevant stakeholders i.e. ECOWAS, European Union, GFFO, and in liaison with UNDP SALW regional office and in the project countries;
- Coordinated efforts of the respective project countries in the MRU and Sahel to deliver significant reduction in the proliferation of Small Arms and Light weapons and substituting them with concrete development interventions which affect livelihoods positively;
- Strengthened capacity of NATCOMs to perform their functions in accordance with the provisions of the ECOWAS convention on small arms.
- Coordinate and manage day-to-day administration and project implementation, providing direction and validating project deliverables of the NATCOM in Ghana for the approval by the National Technical Committee.
- Support national coordinators to formulate Annual Work Plans to ensure efficient implementation of project deliverables.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the project activities through the provision of appropriate guidelines and development of project personnel in accordance with UNDP’s policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the regional team lead in the coordination of Steering committee meetings composed of high-level representation from the European Union, ECOWAS, GFFO and UNDP.
- Ensure preparation of projects progress reports as well as accurate financial reporting on all the project to steering committee
- Ensure the provision of quality assurance for the project in-country and takes responsibility for monitoring project deliverables based on the quarterly reports.
- Creation of required project entries in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project and output status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Provision of guidance to the implementing partners on routine implementation of projects.
- Presentation of information for audit, supports implementation of audit recommendations.
- Quality control of project implementation in line with the UNDP’s policy on publishing project data to the global standard on International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI), i.e. update baselines, indicators, targets and results for all outputs under the Small arms project.
- Provide project guidance in the coordination of Technical Committee meetings composed of representation from the ECOWAS, EU. GFFO, NATCOMs, CSOs and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support on ensuring high quality project reports, quarterly and annually for partner in line with donor reporting guidelines.
- Support the regional team lead and serve as liaison between UNDP and partners to ensure that national partners such as the NATCOMs and the CSO’s are constantly involved in the implementation and dissemination of information.
- Ensure the development of accurate communication of development results for the project.
- Regularly update UNDP Ghana Senior Management on the progress and any issues of project implementation
- Conduct external and internal analysis for assessing additional opportunities in resource mobilization for respective NATCOMS.
- Actively participate in the implementation of the Partnership and Resource Mobilization
- (PRM) Strategy for the project
- Support regional team lead in the drafting and revision of project concept papers for donors
- Ensure communication of development results and lessons learned of the project are shared with the partners as well as within UNDP.
- Actively participate to identify and formulate lessons learned and recommendations to be integrated into broader ECOWAS knowledge management efforts.
- Ensure lessons from project are shared as contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Contributing to results by leading programme implementation in- country
- Coordinate efforts of national partners to ensure quality assurance in project implementation in line with UNDP programming principles
- Support the team to ensure project outputs are achieved in line with desired outcomes
- Provide key support in identifying challenges to programme implementation in Ghana and addressing them.
- Support the building of effective networks with partners notably within the NATCOMs in the MRU and Sahel seizing opportunities to build strategic alliances relevant to UNDP’s mandate and strategic agenda
- Identify needs and interventions for capacity building of counterparts especially NATCOMS in the area of resource mobilization and effective partnerships building
- Provide support to selected pilot offices in MRU and Sahel to ensure effective partnerships building
- In-depth knowledge of the subject-matter
- Demonstrate good knowledge in the area of Conventional Arms particularly Small Arms and Light Weapons, Ammunition and IED’s proliferation as well as the fundamental concepts of related discipline
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of Information Communications Technology (ICT) and applies it in the context of managing programmes, especially ATLAS.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of communication for development writing and advocacy.
- Good knowledge of International and regional instruments on Conventional Arms particularly Small Arms and Light Weapons and Ammunition management.
- Involved in the implementation of International and regional instruments on Conventional Arms particularly Small Arms and Light Weapons and Ammunition management at the National Level.
- Good understanding of UNDP, ECOWAS, GFFO, EU rules and procedures, financial system and programme implementation module.
- Organization of background information for formulation of, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements and effective application of RBM.
- Contributing to positive outcomes for the client
- Work towards creating an enabling environment for a smooth relationship between all actors in the partnerships
- Demonstrate understanding of partner’s perspective and procedures
- Analyze of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile.
- Solicit feedback on service provision and quality of project delivery.
- Solid understanding of the work of UNDP
- Demonstrate experience in handling Donor funded Conventional Arms related Projects.
- Demonstrable ability to review contributions agreement and contracts, managing contributions in Atlas.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to perform effectively within a multi-cultural work environment.
- Ability to participate effectively in a team based, information-sharing environment, to collaborate and cooperate with others.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities as required by the demands of the work.
- Promote ethics, integrity and creating organizational precedents
- Demonstrate political acumen to foster project implementation
- Demonstrate the ability to work in an environment of creativity and innovation
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Exhibit respect for diversity and divergent views
- Create and promote enabling environment for open communication
- Demonstrate the abilities of an emotionally intelligent person to achieve results
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Capacity to prioritize and deliver tasks against tight deadline.
- Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking
- Work collaboratively with project colleagues from other countries to achieve projects objectives; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; willingness to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with teams decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Provide programme support to the UNDP Ghana Governance programme and the Country Office.
- Background in Conventional Arms particularly Small Arms and Light Weapons project/programme management with five to seven years relevant experience.
- 5-7 years relevant experience at the national or international level of which a minimum 3 years relevant experience in project and budget management, multi-donor relations and Peace and Security, Development. Experience in monitoring and evaluation is an advantage.
- UN or NGO experience required
- Sound knowledge of Conventional Arms, Small Arms and light weapons, Ammunition, IED’s related issues at the United Nations, African Union and ECOWAS sub region is required.
- Good knowledge of UNDP project management procedures is an asset.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS, EU and GFFO project implementation procedures is an advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 29 July, 2020