Monitoring & Impact Measurement Manager at MEDA Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MEDA Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
MEDA is an association of compassionate men and women who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
MEDA is seeking qualified candidates for an experienced Monitoring & Impact Measurement Manager to support an anticipated project that will increase economic and social empowerment of smallholder women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in Northern Ghana. The successful candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana. Recruitment is contingent upon approval of the project by the donor.
- Job Status: Full-time Contract
- Start Date: May 2021
- Location: Tamale, Ghana
The Monitoring & Impact Measurement (MIM) Manager will be based in Tamale and will be responsible for coordination of all MIM activities as well as helping to build a results-oriented culture that achieves, measures, and reports meaningful results. He or she will also be responsible for ensuring robust, consistent monitoring, evaluation, research and learning systems are put in place and implemented by staff and partners. The MIM Manager will work closely with MEDA’s headquarters based MIM team.
The MIM Manager will provide managerial oversight over the Marketing/Communication Advisor, the Instructional Design & Training Advisor, the MIM/KM Advisor, and the IT/Database Specialist. As part of the in-country senior management team, the MIM Manager will collaborate closely with other functional managers of the project and contribute to its overall success
Project MIM Systems & Processes
- Acquire in-depth understanding and knowledge of the project’s Logic Model, Theory of Change and Performance Measurement Framework.
- Ensure the project’s Performance Measurement Framework (PMF) is an effective and well documented plan that adequately measures progress and accomplishments of the project.
- Lead the design and development of appropriate and responsive M&E tools and plans for the collection and management of quality project data.
- In consultation with the PM, maintain a schedule for monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure all project team members understand and are implementing plans in a timely manner.
- Support and strengthen the capacity of project team members in analysing and interpreting project data in making programming decisions that lead to meeting projects goals and objectives.
- Support program teams to document lessons learnt and its incorporation in current and new programs and projects.
- Oversee the preparation of reports including concise narratives and relevant tables and/or graphs that capture progress against indicators and provide both management and donors with accurate and user-friendly information.
- Identify M&E findings that can contribute to donor, government, and MEDA communications, including best practices, lessons learned, trends, etc.
- Ensure that all project monitoring and evaluation schedules are satisfied and are consistent with and responsive to the donor’s framework.
- Prepare and complete periodic appraisal, monitoring, and evaluation reports to fulfil project requirements.
- Collect results generated from implementation of M&E plan and consolidate data to allow the comparison of performance of project partners and analyse those results to inform senior project management of gaps or shortcomings in the attainment of project goals.
- Work with project partners in evaluating gathered data and analysing lessons learned and best practices for subsequent activities.
- Implement, manage, and refine M&E procedures as necessary; develop support materials and templates for project reporting activities; facilitate relevant training or coordination to assist field and support staff to understand and implement the M&E plan.
- Assist the PM in compiling monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for onwards submission to MEDA HQ and donor.
- Supervise the development and publication of quarterly project newsletters.
Survey Design and Implementation
- Lead the design, organization and implementation of project studies/surveys including baseline and annual studies, using appropriate research methodologies and tools.
- Design and build electronic data collection forms for the effective collection, storage, retrieval, and analysis of data.
- Lead the analysis and reporting of results from project studies using appropriate data analysis software and visualization tools to provide insights on project’s progress towards its outcomes.
- Contribute to the design and development of project tools and plans for project evaluation, including mid-line and end-line evaluation studies in collaboration with MEDA HQ MIM Advisor and in consultation with the PM and other project leads.
- Manage individual consultants as well as consulting firms in case if the surveys are to be performed externally, in terms of guidance in designing tools, provision of relevant documents and data and monitoring their timelines vs. progress.
- Track and ensure financial disbursements made to MIM consultants and/ or consulting firms are backed by appropriate contracts and supporting documents.
- Lead M&E capacity development processes including identifying capacity-building needs and providing/facilitating training and other capacity building activities to staff and partners, working with technical advisors and department heads.
- In conjunction with the Instructional Design & Training Advisor, strengthen capacities of project partners and other stakeholders in carrying out baseline/ day to day process monitoring of their project’s activities.
- Inculcate a culture of participatory monitoring, of the activities carried out by the KFPs, in collaboration with KFP staff, by visiting and observing their activities at the field level/office level as well as by reviewing their activities’ reports.
- Liaise with MEDA HQ MIM staff, project staff, project partners and other stakeholders to develop a set of performance indicators and monitoring plans that reflect the project strategy and to ensure the availability of necessary data for project activity areas.
- Train project staff, partners, and other stakeholders in proper maintenance of the project data, through a database management system, for prompt reporting as and when required.
- Ensure data quality by holding review meetings with project staff, partners and other stakeholders periodically.
- Supervise the activities of the Marketing/Communications Advisor, ensuring there is an integrated marketing strategy for documenting, reporting, and communicating project activities and achievements through the appropriate mediums, including social and traditional media, and the release of quarterly newsletter.
- Provide line support and guidance to the IT/Database specialist in ensuring there is an effective database system for storing and managing project data as the foundation for generating appropriate reports to track progress towards achieving project outcomes and results.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to MIM/KM advisors to ensure they effectively understand the project’s monitoring, evaluation, research and learning systems in order to provide timely and accurate project data to feed the systems, and to create, capture and share project knowledge.
- Provide line support and guidance to the Instructional Design and Training Advisor to ensure there is effective development and execution of capacity building activities essential to effectively deliver protect outputs towards achieving project outcome and results.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: University degree, ideally at a Masters’ level in social science, international development, economic development, evaluation, statistics, data science, or related field or an equivalency acquired through formal education, work experience and self-learning.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years’ experience in measurement and evaluation and development programming including analysis/assessment, developing/implementing strategies, developing tools and conducting training.
Technical: Expertise in design of surveys, building of electronic data collection platforms and visualization of data tools will be an advantage. Demonstrated technical skills in analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data and documenting the findings.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision, and values.
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty.
- Experience with/knowledge of innovative impact assessment approaches such as rapid assessments, participatory evaluation, etc.
- Demonstrated staff management experience.
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated aptitude at integrating information technology and automated data collection systems into programming.
- In-depth experience in utilizing gender equality and social inclusion sensitive indicators and measures.
- Strong team building, relational, interpersonal, analytical and communication abilities and skills.
- Creative, entrepreneurial, and resourceful approach to developing and implementing innovative solutions.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and local languages spoken in northern Ghana.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 April. 2021