Mobile Crane/Forklift Operator at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
• To operate cranes and lifting equipment of varying sizes, in accordance with job requests and within the OEM guidelines and load specifications, to promote a safe work environment.
• To check that all rigging is done in accordance with all established safety protocols and conduct basic maintenance of cranes and other lifting equipment to maximize operational effectiveness.
• Perform supporting operational tasks (i.e. reporting, checklist completion) associated with crane and other lifting equipment operations, by following established processes.
• Support the Mechanical Supervisor in facilitating training for the maintenance workforce and other new Crane Operator recruits.
• Produce a daily shift report and submit to the supervisor.
Plant & Equipment Operation
• Communicate with assigned mobile crane operating crews to determine the best placement of the mobile crane and other lifting equipment for planned lifts.
• Conduct pre-start checks on all cranes and other lifting equipment, prior to use.
• Perform detailed walk-around shift inspections before, during and after every shift, record shift inspection in the logbook and report any detected issues to the Mechanical Supervisor.
• Lift, move, position and place machinery, equipment, materials or other large objects within the limitations of the size of crane and other lifting equipment being used
• Load and unload trucks, according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) requirements.
• Perform critical lifts, in consultation with and under supervision of the Mechanical Supervisor or designate.
• Read, interpret and calculate crane and other lifting equipment capacities and weight via load charts and load sensors to prepare for rigging and hoisting activities.
• Identify and correct rigging hazards and make any necessary adjustments.
• Perform monthly inspections on equipment and machinery, document and file the findings.
• Operate cranes and lifting equipment for works at the underground project.
• Carry out all crane and other lifting equipment related activity across the mine site.
• Conduct checks on all rigging and lifting gear as required
• Operate mobile equipment such as forklift, elevated work platforms and other similar machines
• Any other work assigned by your supervisor
Maintenance and Repair
• Conduct basic maintenance of cranes and other lifting equipment to maximize operational effectiveness.
• Perform monthly inspections on the machines, document and file them.
• Carry out task preparations and assist with basic maintenance and repair of cranes and other lifting equipment, following detailed instructions.
• Make sure all load tests and certifications are current and comply with minimum legal requirements.
• Make sure that the cranes and equipment are in a safe working condition.
• Assist maintenance technicians in overhauling equipment and other maintenance activities requiring the use of lifting equipment
• Conduct checks and maintain all overhead hoists on-site.
• Assist the maintenance personnel in the performance of maintenance activities as and when required
Health and Safety Management
• Execute all crane operations in a safe manner.
• Minimise the potential risk for personal injury or equipment damage by rigorously following established SOP’s and STP’s.
• Verify that all rigging is done in accordance with established safety protocols.
• Attend monthly safety inspection and meetings.
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
• MVT I (Motor Vehicle Technician) or similar
• Crane operator certification of competency.
• MINCOM crane operator certificate of competence (>45Ton)
• MINCOM forklift/EWP Operator certificate of competence desirable
• Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
• Knowledge of the work management process.
• Knowledge of crane and other lifting equipment operation and rigging standards.
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ crane operation experience in a fixed plant or similar environment.
• Communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Carry out crane calibrations for correct lifting with load cell.
• Operation of rough and all terrain crane for lifting of heavy equipment.
• Operation of forklift for lifting of heavy equipment.
• Operation of elevated work platform for working at height
• Operation of knuckle boom crane and truck for lifting activities
• Operation of overhead hoist for lifting heavy equipment in a fixed plant area (i.e. motors, pinions, gearboxes).
• Ability to inspect, identify problems and report by using technical names of equipment parts.
• Ability to follow verbal directions and visual hand signals.
• Safety Conscious.
• Team Player.
• Work under pressure.
• Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job
o Specific vision abilities required by the job include good vision and depth perception (i.e. close, distance, color, and peripheral vision), and ability to adjust focus.
o Work Environment: Work Environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with potentially harmful / dangerous machinery and equipment.
o The employee is occasionally exposed to noise more than 85 decibels, and to fumes, high temperature, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces.
o Incumbent will work in a temperature-controlled equipment cab in hot conditions.
o Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, safety glasses, respirator, highly visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs, steel-toed boots according to working conditions.
o Incumbent will be working at significant heights.
o Incumbent is expected to follow the Clear-20 Rule with respect to accident hazards.
o Incumbent is expected to possess a high degree of continuous concentration during the execution of tasks.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17 Dec, 2020