Migration And Youth Development Coordinator at Catholic Relief Services
Are you an employer looking to recruit qualified candidates? Post Premium Jobs Today.
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We are motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ to cherish, preserve and uphold the sacredness and dignity of all human life, foster charity and justice, and embody Catholic social and moral teaching as we act to:
- Promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies; and,
- Serve Catholics in the United States as they live their faith in solidarity with their brothers and sisters around the world.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been working in Ghana since 1958 in Health, Agriculture, Peace Building, Water and Sanitation, Microfinance and Education programs. CRS Ghana is currently implementing the Developing Acute Care and Emergency Referral Systems (ACERS) Project for a period of three years which commenced in September 2018 and is expected to end in October 2021.
- Job Title: Migration and Youth Development Coordinator
- Projects: Youth-Led Initiatives for Employment (Youth LIFE) & Action for the Protection and Integration of Migrants in Africa (APIMA)
- Department: Programming
- Band: D
- Reports To: Head of Program, Ghana; West African Migration Program Manager, Senegal
- Country/Location: Tamale, Ghana
Key Working Relationships
- Supervisory: In-country Youth Life and Migration team,
- Internal: The Head of Programming, Country Representative, and WARO Migration Program Manager; CRS Country Program staff in Niger, Mali, Senegal, Gambia, and Algeria; WARO Deputy Regional Director and Regional Technical Advisors; EMECA Partnerships Advisor; CRS HQ technical staff and CRS HQ staff
- External: Various Catholic Church structures/entities; international organizations such as IOM and UNCHR; International NGOs; US-based stakeholders; others to be determined.
- Number of employees supervised or revenues responsible for:
- Number of employees supervised: 1
- Revenue responsible for: $ 270,000 (FY19)
The Migration and Youth Development Coordinator will manage, coordinate, and monitor project activities and relationships with partners and other project stakeholders to assist the achievement of the respective Youth Lead Initiatives for Employment (YOUTH LIFE) project and the Action for the Protection and Integration of Migrants in Africa (APIMA) project to advance Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. The Coordinator’s project management skills and knowledge of the program area will ensure that the Country Program delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of these two projects.
The Migration and Youth Development Coordinator will:
- Lead technical design, budget management, monitoring and reporting activities through the whole project cycle – start-up, implementation and close-out – in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities following MEAL Policy. Proactively identify issues, report them to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Engage and strengthen partnerships relevant to the respective Youth Lead Initiatives for Employment (YOUTH LIFE) and the Action for the Protection and Integration of Migrants in Africa (APIMA) projects, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Represent the organization with donors, INGO working groups, UN, relevant local partners and local government and community actors within the sectors of youth, migration and peacebuilding.
- Coordinate activities required for ensuring the financial, material and human resources for quality implementation of the project. Conduct periodic budget reviews and follow-up with partners on timely submission of financial reports to facilitate proper tracking of resource use.
- Identify staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and contribute to capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and disseminate results. Review project documentation to ensure project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or in a migration related field with 2 years’ experience is required. A Bachelor’s degree with significant work experience in a related field may be considered in lieu of a Masters’ degree;
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in project management for an NGO, ideally working with vulnerable groups and youth in a development context, and demonstrated knowledge on migration, youth unemployment and actors in Ghana;
- Relevant grant management experience, especially for USG or other public donor, a plus
- Experience working with stakeholders including Catholic Church partners at various levels and strengthening community partnerships;
- Ability to contribute to the development of technical proposals, a plus
- Experience analyzing data and contributing to evaluation reports
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with local stakeholders.
- Ability to contribute to written reports.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with representation abilities.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Required/Desired Foreign Language: N/A
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable): Between 25%-50% local and regional travel
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Competencies Relevant for the Specific Position (include those that are applicable)
- Sets clear goals and manages towards them
- Collaborates effectively with staff and stakeholders
- Manages financial resources with integrity
- Applies program quality standards to project design and organizational learning
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please submit your CV and letter of interest to [email protected] by 5pm on March 29, 2019. Application must be saved with this format: Application.CV. (Name). Project Coordinator-MIGRATION &YOUTH DEV. Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS is an equal opportunity employer.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.