Materials Handling Supervisor at AngloGold Ashanti
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti
- Location: Ghana
- State: Obuasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Materials Handling Supervisor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Materials Handling Supervisor is accountable for coordinating the work, its training, monitoring and control of quality, of maintenance technicians on conveyors and materials handling systems in safe manner, compliant with operational and engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a compliant, safe, sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control.
- Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Technical input to the Mine Services Superintendent for inclusion to the Safety Manager, Refurbishment Manager, Planning Manager, Technical Services Manager and Construction Manager in order to develop the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
- Application review of safety standards and work practices for the operating driver training and work processes to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Application of HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Safety behaviour demonstration consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuous improvement of design and field safety performance.
- Inspections, audits, JHA, etc. of the Safety Management System delivering compliance
- Timely investigation of all injuries, illness, and incidents with actions plans developed to prevent recurrences
- Identification of safety training needs, delivery of safety training requirements to enable personnel to safely perform their designated work
- Ensure monitoring and data collection to demonstrate execution of the Refurbishment and Maintenance of Conveyor Systems in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Environmental-related workplace instruction to any employees
- Zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure
- Investigate process interruptions using ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools
- Reduced energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within sphere of influence
- Support the Processing Department to maintain Cyanide Code certification.
- Monitor team processes that support in the execution of the role
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- Recruit and appoint people to role in accordance with AGA policy and localisation objectives as directed by the Senior Mining Manager and Deputy Engineering Manager
- For those AGAG employees who will be part of the continuing operation, prepare and execute training and development plans to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the organisation structure is capable of delivering the required trained personnel to execute all necessary work in the Refurbishment and Maintenance of Conveyor Systems and fulfilling the strategic requirements at recommencement of operations
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance
- Use leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance
- Complete and keep up-to-date the skills matrix that includes all disciplines and individual achievements
- Ensure the skills matrix is kept up-to-date
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action
- Develop an appropriate succession plan for key positions with the correct supportive development plan
- Execute timely completion of conveyor maintenance
- Review, approval and sign off of the shaft maintenance team items detailed in the Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications and documents issued.
- Deliver conveyor maintenance work items consistent with the legal compliance required in the refurbishment plan and commencement of operations stages
- Comply with reporting processes for managing conveyor maintenance that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Proactively control the refurbishment and maintenance process to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns, whilst maintaining safety, budget, schedule and quality targets.
- Communicate accurate and timely work progress reports on schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability
- With Construction Manager verify, on new builds, the safety, operability, standards, maintainability, and reliability for operation
- Use the reporting structure to provide major inputs to Maintenance Manager – UG to allow reporting of Operational Readiness for the shaft operations.
- Monitor the compliant completion of the shaft refurbishment, later maintenance, aspects of the Operational Readiness plan for the mining teams including localisation plan.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Use the systems for the maintenance department to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
- Task subordinates in line with requirements for achieving the agreed production plan
- Work with the team of Specialists to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Implement corporate programs, e.g. asset management strategies, System for People, Operational Effectiveness, etc. across areas of control.
- Deploy management routines to identify defects in the workplace
- Establish good rapport with the other departments to ensure common goals are identified and reached
- Develop and maintain the conveyor maintenance portion of the Materials
- Movement Engineering Management Plan, as a key Project Execution
- Plan sub plan for the area of accountability
- Arrange input and support into establishing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs for refurbishment activities.
- Oversee the Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process, review and approve appropriate technical and non-technical documentation.
- Review and input into relevant plans such as Health, Safety, Quality and Commissioning.
- Proactively identify and manage change to avoid potential cost, schedule and quality issues
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- An experienced Materials Transport and Conveyor Maintenance Supervisor with 10+ years’ experience in underground mining
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP Skills module
- Must possess Engineering Supervisor Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Specialist with a relevant certification body
- Strong materials movement and conveying competencies in underground mining
- Excellent knowledge of conveyor and belting maintenance/ replacement
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good Engineering practices
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 18TH MARCH, 2019.