Maintenance Planner – Shutdowns at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Obuasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently in a redevelopment phase which will lead to a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Maintenance Planner – Shutdowns.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Maintenance Planner – Shutdowns is accountable for the development and implementation of maintenance planning using the SAP modules designated through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Ensure section’s compliance with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, lending institutions, shareholders’ interests, environmental, health & safety legislation and company regulation
- Responsible for Safety, Environmental, and Social Responsibility policies for the section and accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every mine worker under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Ensure safe planning of maintenance work during shutdown in all areas on site ensuring the work is in compliance with plant and electrical safety obligations to meet safety targets.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a suitable safe work environment to motivate staff, employees and contractors to achieve optimum effectiveness, productivity and operating costs
- Support and make room for continuous improvement of safety performance.
- Support the Maintenance Planning Manager by planning all process plant and equipment shutdown activities.
- Contribute the refurbishment project and maintenance team with accurate work plans for shutdown.
- Liaise with the Planning Manager and Project Manager to set work program and target milestones for each phase based on the project plan for shutdown.
- Monitor critical activities based on the shutdown project schedule and advise shutdown project management accordingly.
- Prepare and submit updated shutdown work program and cash flow curve showing actual timeplan and identify areas of weakness and establish means and methods for recovery, if any
- Monitor day to day shutdown work progress and prepare the daily progress and close out report.
- Maintain and record update of shutdown work progress obtained from Project Managers and Engineering Manager
- Support the provision of master shutdown project schedule updates with respect to refurbishment and maintenance activities
- Support the rollout, implementation and training of SAP maintenance system and smooth transition of the system into the operational phase for use in shutdown planning and execution in all on-site areas. Ensure the operating team is appropriately trained and proficient in using the shutdown planning portion of SAP system, to support a smooth shutdown execution.
- Proactively manage change to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Ensure spares inventory supports current and future shutdown planning requirements.
- Identify and implement shutdown opportunities to help prevent reoccurring failures that may adversely impact on production.
- Provide inputs into the identification of reliability monitoring by recognizing irregular and unusual repetition of potential maintenance activities.
- Ensure asset purchases are effectively and efficiently done in through structured system that is consistent with AGA policies.
- Provide input to due diligence for procuring goods and services to support the refurbishment work and maintenance plan.
- Adhere to procurement procedures and processes.
- Ensure cost codes are correctly allocated to all refurbishment activities.
- Assist in the development of quality and performance reporting metrics
- Interface with Contractors and/or Construction teams regarding refurbishment works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Interface with the operational readiness team, particularly around the rollout and implementation of SAP.
- Complete the skills matrix and maintain up-to-date
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action
- Attend key planning meetings on a weekly basis and as required.
- Participate in shutdown project and maintenance meetings as required.
- Maintain meeting records, agreed actions, and follow up to ensure actions are completed.
- Attend regular SAP asset maintenance management system operational readiness interface and hand over meeting.
- Provide regular feedback to the Planning Manager and Engineering Manager in relation to SAP asset maintenance management system progress rollout and training in shutdown planning, and issues impacting on compliance or causing delays.
- Participate in internal and external construction audits as required.
- Produce Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports accurately and timely information that clearly convey the status of shutdown planning and execution and SAP asset maintenance management system rollout.
- Advise refurbishment and maintenance works progress and KPI status to the Maintenance Control System Advisor, particularly potential cost, schedule or quality variances.
- Identify and address shutdown and SAP implementation risks, by communicating potential issues to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Inspect shutdown works to validate progress and status.
- Participate in formal monthly risk reviews.
- Proactively identify and manage change in assigned area of responsibility to avoid potential cost, schedule and quality issues.
- Provide input into the commissioning plan.
- Coordinate planning resources to support the commissioning process in the Surface Support Infrastructure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in a relevant (mechanical or electrical) engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as maintenance planner/supervisor in mining operations.
- Project planning highly regarded.
- Preferably owner’s team, multi-disciplined, design,
- Construction and commissioning experience, with contractor management experience, within a large blue-chip mining or resources environment.
- Primavera/MS Project
- Multi-disciplined engineering and construction experience.
- Familiar with HSE management systems.
- Managerial leadership and technical skills relevant to the provision of maintenance services.
- Process plant operation and maintenance practices.
- Highly flexible, able to balance competing demands/priorities.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Audit, compliance and governance.
- Ability to mentor and coach personnel.
- Ability to present to management and key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, motivational and organizational skills
- Demonstrated capacity to make sound and timely decisions, by quickly assembling the facts to develop action priorities
- Lead by example, displaying technical and managerial leadership.
- Professional approach to maintaining contractor, authority and client relationships.
- Able to work harmoniously with a diverse array of personnel.
- Mentor and develop personnel.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships, with a range of stakeholders.
- Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
- Goal-orientated self-starter.
- Maximize performance, solving problems and analyzing issues to ensure best for project outcomes.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23 Dec. 2020