Investment Advisor at Palladium Group
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Palladium Group
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Ghana
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Feed the Future Ghana Mobilizing Finance in Agriculture (MFA) is a $19M, 4-year contract (2-year base period, with two 1-year option periods) which aims to increase the commercial financing available for agriculture in Ghana to drive capital investment and trade in target value chains. MFA will leverage significant amounts of MFA resources as incentives to spur agricultural finance market behavior change and system reforms leading to improved economic growth for Ghana through agribusiness, as well as inclusive growth among the stakeholders within this system.
Over the next several months MFA is completing a series of procurements and partner identification exercises that will lay the foundation for MFA’s technical interventions. These include a competitive solicitation process to be launched in the coming weeks, to identify and onboard 15 diverse partner financial institutions (FIs) who will receive performance-based incentives to de-risk investment, lower transaction costs, and drive innovation in new products and services, and encourage FIs to find operational efficiencies to enable them to expand to new markets.
One of MFA’s key objectives is to support smaller enterprises seeking less than $10,000 in financing to access loans and investment at affordable terms. To that end, MFA will be forming strategic partnerships with FIs, large-scale agricultural investors, technology firms, digital/mobile money platforms, agricultural alliances, smallholders, and microentrepreneurs to uncover new business models that significantly expand inclusive financing to underserved actors, especially base of the pyramid (BOP) borrowers. MFA will provide technical assistance to structure these partnerships, help identify potential partners, structure financing solutions, provide co-funding, and oversee the implementation of these new ways to lend at scale to the underserved customer base profitably. MFA has released an “Innovative Partnership Announcement” (closing May 15) to solicit concept notes from private sector actors interested in participating. In the coming months MFA will be reviewing concept notes and hosting a series of co-creation meetings with applicants, which will result in formalized agreements via MOUs as well as grants, subcontracts, or technical support (to be defined through each co-creation process).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The objective of the technical assistance in this scope of work is to support the Accra-based MFA team to make further progress on activities related to the structuring of strategic partnerships with private sector actors and onboarding of partner financial institutions and investors. Over the next few months, the Activity requires the part-time support of a skilled investment advisor who can provide strategic guidance and support in the above areas. The Investment Advisor will report to the MFA acting COP and work closely with other members of the MFA technical and grants teams.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities
The Investment Advisor will undertake the following tasks under this consultancy:
- Support the “Better Lending Conditions” team to develop and implement an engagement strategy for Universal Banks, guiding the team to determine which banks MFA should engage as potential partners based on their strategic alignment with MFA’s objectives and target value chains. Facilitate high-level introductions to key contacts (MD or higher) in the selected 3-5 universal banks.
- Contribute to the review of applications from FIs interested in participating in MFA’s incentive program and provide strategic input into the final selection process.
- Support the development of Strategic Partnerships that unlock financing at scale for BOP populations by providing technical guidance and partnership structuring assistance to the MFA team. The Investment Advisor will review concept notes submitted in response to MFA’s open call and support the evaluation committee to determine which concept notes should be selected to move on to the co-creation phase. The Advisor will also help drive the strategic partnership co-creation process, providing guidance to the MFA team and suggestions to potential partners on how to further develop the proposed concepts, define common objectives, identify results sought by each party, and clarity on how progress will be monitored. This may include identifying and brokering discussions with other actors that can be integrated into the partnership (e.g. FIs, Investors, GIRSAL, anchor firms). Support the MFA team to finalize partnership arrangements through MOUs.
- Provide other technical support on an ad hoc basis to the MFA team in the areas of Strategic Partnership Development and supply-side support to partner FIs, as required by MFA’s Acting COP.
The Advisor will report to the Acting COP, working closely with the MFA technical team.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in fields related to the project scope of work. This may include, but is not limited to, financial services and/or investment advisory expertise, private sector capacity development, and public and private sector engagement.
- An advanced degree (or five additional years of professional experience) in a related field of study, e.g. Finance and Investment, Business Management, and/or Enterprise Development.
- Experience in senior-level management roles in similarly sized development programs, including experience in strategic planning, project management, staff supervision and budget management.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the contract.
- Experience providing technical assistance or other advisory support to Agricultural or Agribusiness growth programs
- Understanding of the Ghanaian financing and investment environment, and government policies and programs to support financial sector development.
- Professional fluency in English
- Meetings held with high-priority universal banks to encourage participation in MFA
- FI grant applications reviewed and partner FIs selected
- Evaluation Committee meetings, co-creation meetings, and partner identification meetings facilitated for strategic partnerships.
- MOUs with at least 1-2 strategic partnerships (depending on outcome of competitive solicitation process) drafted and signed, including the common objective of the partnership, roles and responsibilities, results sought relevant to each party, and indicators to measure progress.
- Other ad hoc deliverables requiring technical support or guidance, as needed.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7 May. 2021