ICT Senior Manager (Business Analytics Specialist) at UNOPS
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: UNOPS
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT / Telecom Jobs in Ghana
In 2019, the United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS) implemented the United Nations Secretary General’s (SG) new reforms proposed in A/72/492 which transferred greater responsibility to managers and holding them accountable for the results and financial performance of their programmes with the ultimate objective to enhance the effectiveness of the Organization in Meeting all its mandates and to enhance its accountability for results. UNSOS ability to operationalize the new accountability framework relies on the mission components to gather and analyze data to extract insight, improve decision making and drive for better results, consequently, UNSOS established strategic projects for the period 2020- 2021. These projects seek to produce outputs and outcomes that are directly related to expanding the scope and breadth of Umoja and Self-Service Analytics to all aspects of mission support operations in order to increase visibility, enhance customer orientation while strengthening the effectiveness and efficiency.
Considering the diverse services delivered by UNSOS to its customers, the geographical coverage of its operations in Somalia and Kenya, and the new management paradigm shift for results, UNSOS identified that the initial business intelligence and analytics operating capabilities established in cooperation with UNOPS in FY18/19 needs to be further strengthened to address governance, risk, managing for results and compliance to effectively streamline its operations and project activities through a data driven decision-making mechanism. Furthermore, the cooperation with UNOPS has been recognized as establishing best synergies and leverage of UN resources to execute UN Information Communication and Technology vision and strategy pertaining to Self-Service Analytics. Moreover, UNSOS, as per mission strategic project “A.3. Umoja Implementations and utilization program”, requires additional expertise to be able to establish a cross pillar “Centralized Umoja Team”, aimed at addressing Mission-wide Umoja issues including identification of training needs, the actual implementation of existing Umoja modules that are currently not fully utilized in UNSOS (e.g. Preventive maintenance or Strategic Planning, Budgeting and Performance) and the roll-out of new Umoja related functionalities planned for the upcoming months such as Demand Planning and Supply Network Planning.
The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
Under the overall supervision of the UNOPS Senior Programme Manager or designated officer and within delegated authority, the incumbent will directly work with UNSOS teams and will be required to perform the following duties.
- Coordinate and lead business and scope analysis, gathering of requirements and documentation, preliminary system analysis, data cleansing and enrichment, migration, and change management initiatives;
- Manage day to day operations and additional front loading preparatory technical and business process re-engineering and integration;
- Provide technical SAP and Power BI expertise to establishing and modernizing the Mission’s Business Intelligence and analytics strategy and operating model;
- Lead the planning, execution and monitoring of Project Management activities;
- Lead the creation of technical documentation;
- Provide end user training and documentation, as required;
- Contribute to the tracking and reporting times and efforts invested on the assigned tasks;
- Work as UNOPS focal point on the ground;
- Provide advice to the Chief of Section and other stakeholders on matter related to Business Intelligence and Business Analytics;
- Provide leadership in developing, deploying, and managing mission support management’s data collection and analytics-based reporting solutions to provide actionable intelligence to mission senior management team and to mission support unit and section chiefs;
- Provide technical expertise and leadership support to the implementation of BI strategy and roadmap for implementing UNSOS analytics and business intelligence capability to include elements such as the delivery of standard and ad hoc reports, dashboards, and trending based on an increased collection and cleansing method for mission support and mandate implementation data;
- Interact with, support, and consult with all UNSOS Pillars’ Sections /Units to define key performance indicators, standard and ad-hoc reports that enable business decision;
- Build a team and support structure that will enable and expand these capabilities;
- Lead a team of BI staff in the development of recommendations based on data analysis, independent root cause analysis conducted with key stakeholders/business process owners. Produce timely and actionable information which helps drive business results and guide decision making processes. Devise and promote effective analytic models and creative data visualization to derive actionable intelligence;
- Contribute to the development of business rules, guidelines, standard operating procedures and formulate user requirements for IT systems in support of materials management and supply chain activities;
- Gather requirements from various stakeholders and process owners to define specific business requirements for the end-to-end Supply Chain performance management. Development and promulgate of Business Intelligence Guidance and Procedures and monitor compliance. Promote continuous improvement and innovation in the area of Supply Chain Performance Management;
- Assess Business Intelligence (BI) training needs; identify, design and coordinate the delivery of BI training programs to staff at all levels;
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Impact of Results:
The incumbent impact will be the alignment of the Mission’s Business Intelligence strategy with UN Secretary General Data Strategy and UN Business Intelligence and the leverage of BI products and services in enhancing the effectiveness and efficiencies in mission support operations.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or in a field related to the post description.
- A first level university degree with 2 years of additional relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in supply chain management, logistics, procurement, engineering or operations management focusing on application of reporting, analytics or BI to managing and improving business performance.
- Within these 7 years, a minimum of 3 years of experience with SAP ECC is required;
- Within these 7 years a minimum of 2 years of experience in delivering BI solutions with Microsoft Power BI is required;
- PRINCE 2 foundation and SCOR certification
- Experience with SAP ERP for Supply Chain and SAP reporting
- Experience in defining and documenting system requirements;
- Experience in multinational working environment;
- Experience with relational SQL or NoSQL databases in relation to manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience with Cloud Development Environments like Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- For this job opening, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required;
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3 Jan, 2021