Head of Tax Compliance at Mastercard Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are a Tax professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
The Head of Tax Compliance will report to the Global Controller and be responsible for leading and managing the Foundation’s Tax Compliance function and ensuring that all tax regulations are complied with in all jurisdictions that the Foundation operates, including responsibility for income taxes, HST, VAT and withholding tax compliance up to an including all Corporate and local jurisdiction tax filings. Additionally, the Head of Tax Compliance will ensure that tax controls and processes are in place, designed effectively and operating efficiently to ensure tax collection, payment and reporting requirements are met to facilitate the Foundation’s continued ability to provide accurate and timely tax information, data and reporting, including tax filings.
The successful candidate will be based in any of our country offices in Africa (Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal).
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Provide expertise to ensure tax accounting and tax accruals are accurate and recorded appropriately in all jurisdictions.
- Responsible for oversight, preparation and filing of Corporate and multi-jurisdictional income tax returns which are accurate and prepared and filed on a timely basis.
- Develop and prepare tax correspondence and documentation to support the Foundations tax compliance programs.
- Oversee and establish the development, preparation, and documentation to support the Foundation’s tax positions in all jurisdictions.
- Working with the Country Finance leads, proactively manage, and facilitate tax audits that may occur, providing timely and accurate information as required to the tax authorities.
- Establish relationships with finance, country heads, program, People & Culture, and legal teams, as required, to gain a solid understanding of the Foundation’s tax requirements needs and activities with view to impact on tax compliance in various jurisdictions.
- With the Country Head as lead, and liaising with country finance leads, establish and foster relationships, as required, with tax authorities in various jurisdictions.
- Establish and foster relationships with tax experts in various jurisdictions to ensure proactive management of tax matters and keep up to date with changes in the regulatory environment and impact on the Foundation and/or country tax positions.
- Proactively establish tax compliance requirements and processes for new jurisdictions as the Foundation grows and expands.
- Establish regular tax accounting reporting and cadence.
- Prepare regular tax analyses, including analytics, review of reconciliations and variances to ensure the accuracy of accounts, collections, and payment of taxes.
- Develop continuous technical skills by remaining up to date on trends, new developments and tax authority decisions and applying those learnings to update the Foundation’s tax compliance programs as required.
- Interpret and implement new tax rules/amendments and train Finance & Accounting teams on the new rules and processes required.
- Identify opportunities for proactive tax planning .
- Support the development and coaching of finance professionals and other staff members on tax matters.
- Report and recommend to Senior Leadership on tax positions, audits and tax filings.
- Participate in senior management meetings including various forums in an advisory capacity on tax compliance.
- Participate in and contribute to the attainment of team objectives.
- Maintain positive relationships and steer collaborations across the foundation’s functions and stakeholders including Finance, Operations and Programs, Country Heads, Legal & Compliance, and Assurance, as required.
- Resource planning, performance evaluation and staff engagement, either directly or indirectly, including Foundation staff, consultants and other tax experts, as required.
- Negotiations of vendor contracts for consultants and specialists.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ years’ experience in progressively senior tax finance roles, including tax reporting, compliance and accounting with at least 10 years in such senior financial roles in a public company in a multi-jurisdiction/international environment.
- A minimum of 6 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Successfully completed bachelor’s degree plus professional qualification (CPA, CA or equivalent accounting/tax designation).
- Experience in Tax Compliance and dealing with Tax Authorities as a Key Leader.
- Previous work in the development sector is an asset but not required.
- Experience building capabilities and capacity of a function in high growth organizations including multi-jurisdictional and multi-currency environments.
- Experience in presenting reports and recommendations to senior leadership team including C-Suite.
- In depth experience and technical knowledge of tax accounting and disclosures for accounting purposes, including deferred tax, prior year adjustments and multiple years, able to hit the ground running.
- Ability to assess risks and exercise judgment in making important decisions.
- Proven People management with an ability to recruit, develop and provide coaching and leadership to a team of finance, operations and programs or similar experience professionals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and engaging with a range of stakeholders.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- French language and/or local language skills are an asset.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2 June. 2021