GSOP Job Vacancy : Behavior Change Communication (BCC) Specialist
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Ghana
This Request for Expressions of Interest relates to the appointment of a Behavior Change Communication (BCC) Specialist.
The development objective of the GAMA SWP is to increase access to improved sanitation and water supply in the GAMA (comprising 11 Metropolitan and Municipal Assemblies (MMAs) and to strengthen management of environmental sanitation, with emphasis on the low income communities (LlUC).
The project is designed to benefit:
- At least 250,000 people living in selected LIUCs (defined as those in which at least 75% of households live in a single room, and at least 75% of households use public toilets or other unacceptable sanitation facilities) within the GAMA, who will gain access to improved sanitation and water services;
- The population of the GAMA in general, who will benefit from improved planning, implementation and management of environmental sanitation services and reduced pollution
The environmental health and sanitation function is supported at national level by the Environmental Health and Sanitation Directorate (EHSD) within the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development. Specific Technical Assistance (TA) or Capacity Building Team is be procured under the Grant to strengthen the EHSD’s capacity to provide technical support to the GAMA MMAs in particular and to other MMAs beyond GAMA.
The objectives of the consulting services (‘ the Services”) will include, inter alia, to;
- To develop, implement and monitor a BCC Strategy for the GAMA Project and the Ministry of Local Government
- To support the communication activities of the GAMA Sanitation and Water Project. This will require the development of a comprehensive communication strategy for the project which will include but not limited to communication through mass media and modern communication channels (e.g. social media) both at the national and community/local level
- To support the Capacity Building Coordinator to deliver knowledge management, documentation and communication activities of the GAMA project and the EHSD as a whole
- Support the GAMA MMAs and Consultants in implementing and monitoring community-level behaviour change communications interventions (software);
- Conduct research that will inform the development of appropriate BCC strategies, plan messages, tools and existing/available materials; with regards to hygiene and sanitation practices, prevention of open defecation, and provision of improved sanitation facilities at the household level and improved management of solid waste within communities among others.
- Coordinate local stakeholder activities in sanitation promotion and MMA-specific BCC implementation in the 11 MMAs under the project intervention
- Support the low income consumer support Unit (LICSU) – of the GWCL with community engagement and BCC activities where needed.
The assignment is expected to be undertaken within an initial period of 24 months, with the possibility of annual extension(s) subject to satisfactory performance
Required Skills or Experience
The Behavior Change Communications Specialist should possess at least the following:
- A Master’s degree in Communication Studies, Social Science or similar qualification, relevant to the assignment;
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience, including development of BCC Campaign strategies for sanitation projects; .
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation in the English language;
- Relevant technical knowledge, skills and extensive work experience in designing BCC strategy, messages, tools and materials, plans including media plans as well as in capacity building and M&E. ‘
- Experience in projects of similar nature, of at least a minimum of 3 years.
- Prior working experience in Ghana: the consultant should have demonstrable experience in and knowledge of sanitation and facilitation and community development in Ghana
- Have very good time management skills and ability to multi-task and work under time pressure.
- Excellent team working and facilitation skills.
- A proven track record of professionalism and ethical conduct
- Computer Literacy and experience in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint) as a minimum;
The following will also be an advantage
- Experience with donor-funded projects, particularly, World Bank Funded Projects
- Familiarity with environmental and social institutions and their roles in governance at the central regional, districts and community levels in Ghana
- Knowledge in conducting KAP or market surveys will be an advantage
- Knowledge in the management of websites
- Knowledge of Mass media
- Show articles/examples of writing /writing sample
The Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development, now invites eligible Individual (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing any of the above Services under the project with the EHSD of MLGRD
How To Apply
- Interested Individual Consultants should provide information, including a detailed resume or Curriculum Vitae demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
- The Selection will be based on the Individual Consultants’ Qualifications (IC) in accordance with the “Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011″. And revised July 2014. Individual
- Consultants having the required experience and competence relevant to the assignment shall be shortlisted, assessed and compared, and the best qualified and experienced individual shall be selected.
The short listing criteria are:
- Academic Background
- Abrief description of Qualification, Skills and Experience (General)
- Specific Experience; an outline of at least two (2) experiences on assignments of a similar nature. For each assignment, the outline should indicate, inter alia, duration of the assignment, contract amount, and the activities undertaken by the individual Consultant.
- Specific experience in African Region
- Specific experience in Ghana; knowledge of the local conditions; including local languages, culture, administrative system, local government system etc
- A brief methodology on the strategies to be employed in undertaking the assignment. This shall include a strategy for achieving results under the project
How to Apply
- Further information, including the full Terms of Reference (TOR) for this assignment, can be obtained at address (1) below during office hours between 10.00 to 16.00 hours GMT.
- Individual consultants may submit expressions of interest which must be delivered in a written form to address (2) below either in person or electronically by 16.00Hrs GMT on February 18, 2016.
- Address (1) for further information/Clarifications ITOR:' The Project Coordinator Project Coordinating Unit Ministry of Local Government Rural Development Location: Within the Premises of Institute of Local Government Studies (ILGS) Ogbojo, near Madina New Road Estate - Accra, Ghana. Email: [email protected] Tel. +233 (302)504739/40; Mob: +233 (0208111602
- Address (2) for Submission of Expression of Interest: The Director-EHSD Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development Ministries, Accra-Ghana Contact: Bertha Darteh Email:[email protected] Tel. +233 (0244594829)