Finance And Administrative Manager at Alinea Foundation
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Alinea Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
- Activity: Financial, administrative, procurement and human resource management and support for project functions
- Level of Effort and Location: Full time, Tamale
WEE-NORTH is a five-year project implemented through Alinea Foundation in Northern Ghana. The project will be implemented from February 28, 2020 to March 31, 2025 and is estimated to reach 4,800 women industrial trades trainees and entrepreneurs.
It aims to enhance the economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive growth for women in five regions of northern Ghana by providing practical opportunities to industrial trades training and entrepreneurship skills building in order to participate in industrial trades that are essential growth sectors for the northern economy. The project will partner with 9 TVETs (3 technical universities, 6 TVETs) located in five northern regions to offer industrial trades training opportunities to women.
The project’s ultimate outcome is to contribute to enhanced economic empowerment, well-being, and inclusive growth for women in Ghana.
This will be accomplished through the achievement of three intermediate outcomes:
- 1100: Improved enabling environment and reduced gender-specific barriers for women’s participation in economic growth
- 1200: Enhanced access to decent work for women and young women
- 1300: Increased productivity, profitability, and innovation of women-owned businesses
Purpose of the Position:
The role of the Finance and Administrative Manager (FAM) is to implement and oversee the accounting, procurement, and financial controls and systems for the project office in Ghana. The FAM will coordinate and organize many facets of the project’s financial management, procurement and accounting components, including training and directing other project staff and consultants. The FAM will also provide oversight and accountability for human resource management of the project’s staff and consultants in Ghana.
Scope of Work
The Finance and Administrative Manager (FAM) position will involve working in a self-directed manner, as well as part of a team including Ghanaians and Canadians within a participatory and iterative project framework. Under the general guidance of the Project Field Manager, the Canadian Project Director and the Canada-based Project Controller and Project Coordinator, and in consultation with the other Advisors and Specialists, the FAM shall perform tasks as listed:
Financial duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing current local data on costs of goods and services in Northern Ghana and assist with the preparation and monitoring of project budgets in collaboration with the Canadian Project Controller.
- Empowering Women in Non-traditional Trades Alinea Foundation
- Managing cash flows of the project office, costing and expenditure forecasting and ensuring adequate funds available for project operations in Ghana.
- Liaising with the Canadian Project Controller pertaining to project financial management, accounting, procurement, banking, and in consultation with the Field Manager (FM).
- Ensuring compliance with Ghanaian financial and taxation regulations, preparation of tax statements and submissions.
- Preparation and submission of timely consolidated project financial reports; including but not limited to: monthly ledgers summarizing expenditures, bank reconciliations, advance requests, cash counts.
- Provide financial data and input for budget control and project progress reports.
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and procedures, and compliance with Alinea’s financial management procedures and requirements; liaise and cooperate with external auditors.
- Coordinate and manage advance payments and deposits for rents and/or leases with landlords or agents, vendors and repair / maintenance service providers.
- Monitor local financial conditions; report on significant changes; e.g. exchange rates, inflation, taxation and corporate regulations and recommend actions if/when there are significant changes that may affect the operations of the project.
Human Resources duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Management of staff annual leave plans, calculations and processing of accumulated staff leave including monitoring of absences, sickness, annual vacation and statutory holidays for project staff and short term consultants.
- Prepare monthly payroll and ensure necessary remittances have been withheld and paid.
- Develop local contracts in collaboration with and at the instruction of the Field Manager.
- Maintain and update personnel files ensuring that all relevant documentation is kept in good order.
- Human Resources policy development and documentation.
- Supervision of the support staff team including maintaining, updating TORs for consultants; and maintain a database of subcontractors and CVs for potential consultants, suppliers and employees.
- Support management in interviews and exit interviews as needed.
Procurement duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Monitoring day to day office operations including maintenance of office premises, procurement and insurance of equipment, updating of procurement logs and files, supervision of vehicle(s) (including maintenance of vehicle log book, cleanliness and operational maintenance).
- Adhere to policies for procurement together with Canadian Project Coordinator.
- Ensure compliance with GoG administrative requirements of projects (i.e. work permits, residency, shipment clearances, etc.).
- Together with administrative officer, make arrangements with travel agents and hotels for domestic travel.
- Prepare purchase orders, organize procurement logs and track all procurements.
- Canvass vendors to ensure that the program receives competitive rates and services, get quotes as needed.
- Invoice verification of all incoming invoices related to purchases or services against its original request and pricing.
- Maintain and keep good records of all procurement files and hand-over certificates for audit purposes.
Required Skills or Experience
- The candidate must have at least a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Financial Management or in other relevant field.
- Experience and/or education in the field of Project Management, procurement, human resource management, and auditing would be considered an asset
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in finance and/or accounting is required.
- The ideal candidate will also experience managing the work of others, and be able to demonstrate leadership and accountability for a team.
- The FAM must have demonstrated knowledge of Ghanaian public sector systems and institutional culture.
- The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge and experience in Ghanaian commercial regulations as well as the legal requirements for local procurement of project equipment.
- He/she must have demonstrated knowledge and experience in project financial management; budgeting, costing, forecasting, budget control, cash flow management, financial reporting and internal auditing.
- The FAM must have excellent computer skills with advanced skills in using MS Excel, MS Word and other relevant office and/or financial packages. He/she must have strong communications, report-writing and inter-personal skills.
- He/she must be fluent in English.
Method of ApplicationThe FAM will have oversight and accountability for the duties and performance of an Accounts Clerk, an Administrator, and an Office Assistant, and will delegate tasks appropriately. Conditions of Employment: The position is on a yearly contract with option for renewal based on job performance. This is a full time position located in Tamale, reporting to the Project Field Manager in Tamale. This project promotes equal opportunity. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates should submit a CV and letter of interest (maximum one page) outlining how their qualifications are aligned to the position to: [email protected] no later than August 17, 2020.
- Please use ‘Finance and Administrative Manager - Ghana’ in the subject line.
- Please note that CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.