Finance and Administration Manager at Boost Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Boost Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager
Team: Finance & Administration
Reports to: CFO / CEO
Contract Type: Full time
Location: Accra, Ghana
About ConvyPlus (Boost Ghana):
ConvyPlus Limited (trading as Boost Ghana) is the founding franchise deployment of Boost Technology with exclusive rights in Ghana. Boost exists to help informal small businesses thrive in Africa’s digital economy. We have a roadmap of products and services we’ll like to offer to digitize informal SMEs in Ghana. For a start, we find the best suppliers with the best prices and deliver stock to the stores of retailers. Boost provides a one-stop-shop for them to restock their shops.
Boost Ghana is purpose-driven, ambitious, and relentlessly customer-centric in its approach. Boost Technology powers Boost Ghana with a centralized shared service platform which optimizes us for customer acquisition and service at the lowest possible operating cost.
The purpose of your role is to support the senior management in creating an efficient and effective organization with sound financial, administrative, regulatory and risk management practices. You will manage all accounting, finance and administrative activities of the business. Your duties will among others be to:
- Maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems in conjunction with Exco;
- Coordinate weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and medium term budgeting and planning processes in conjunction with management;
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data – daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually;
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting in consultation with management – weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual;
- Perform payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner;
- Conduct reconciliation of all accounts on a monthly basis;
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments;
- Oversee and manage account receivables including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition in conjunction with the Operations Team;
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards;
- Oversee the purchasing order process and ensure a three-way match between purchase orders, receiving and invoices;
- Support the CEO in coordinating all human resources (HR) functions of ConvyPlus, including: new employee onboarding, support, controls, benefits administration, exit processes, etc;
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and contractual requirements by studying existing and new legislation, contracts, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions;
- Protect the business by keeping financial, employee, customer and investor information and plans confidential;
- Oversee general office management and administrative functions to ensure an effective and efficient, high quality work environment with all facilities, equipment, services and utilities functioning as required;
- Manage outsourced finance, administration, legal and human resources services providers;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the CEO/CFO in line with business requirements.
These values should strongly resonate with you and are the foundations of the company we will build together:
- Purpose driven: You should be motivated by the potential for impact.
- Being real: You are always your honest, authentic self, through good times and bad.
- Tenacity: When faced with adversity, you relentlessly persevere until you find a solution.
- Compassion: You put yourself in the shoes of others to understand their challenges and take action to help them.
- Courage: You do not fear taking the road less travelled, going against the crowd, and making the hard decision.
- Well Being: You take care of yourself mentally, emotionally, and physically to be the best that you can be.
To fit our culture and be successful in this role, you should possess these ways of thinking and behaving:
- Being exemplary and able to inspire confidence in others through the way you behave, work and talk;
- You are self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and love to create tools and processes in a startup or small business environment;
- Being open-minded to learn new more effective ways of working and unlearn old ways;
- You are a problem solver and you have the ability to bring multiple innovative tools, methods, and thought-processes to the team;
- An ability to continuously assess, prioritize, and complete tasks in a dynamic startup environment where speed of execution trumps perfection;
- A relentless pursuit to build for scale and a strong distaste for waste and inefficiency.
- Holding yourself and others accountable to a high standard of performance at all times.
- Being self-aware of your own strengths and weaknesses, continuously seeking feedback and looking to learn and grow.
- Ability to communicate effectively – written and oral across the organization
You should have the following skills and qualifications to excel in the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance from a recognized university;
- A professional Accounting qualification (ICAG/ACCA/CIMA) will be a plus but not a requirement;
- Minimum of 3 years Accounting/Finance and Administration experience preferably in a private start-up environment;
- Advanced IT skills with advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and accounting software (e.g. Xero, Tally, etc) are PREREQUISITES;
- Understanding of advanced business planning, management and regulatory issues;
- Demonstrated track record in organizational budgeting and financial management;
- Experience with and understanding of general accounting, business unit economics, payroll management, administration, and general business systems and functions;
- Attention to detail. Tireless attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency;
- Action oriented. Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with strong work ethic, flexible, and able to multitask;
- Ability to synthesize data, make decisions, and communicate priorities to staff;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, executing multiple tasks, and achieving objectives;
- Results oriented. Unwavering focus on delivering high quality, data driven results;
- Customer centricity: being passionate about delivering compelling customer experience and value through design thinking and rapid prototyping.
- Financial reporting – accuracy and promptness
- Commercial performance – customer, revenue, cost and profitability targets (forecast accuracy)
- Payments TAT
- Customer experience
- Employee engagement and retention
- Regulatory compliance
- Franchise relationship and compliance
- Executive Committee (Exco)
- Boost Technology leadership team
- Finance and Administration team incl. contractors
- Government Agencies
- Legal consultants
What we offer:
- A competitive remuneration with allowances and performance incentives
- Continuous training and development
- Working in a young dynamic and world-class team
- Flexible work schedule
Method of Application
- Email your CV with a one page statement of motivation to [email protected] by Wednesday, 3rd February, 2021.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.