Finance and Admin Officer at AIM Ghana
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: AIM Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
AIM is a global initiative working collaboratively to map neglected tropical disease (NTD) cases and morbidity and support Ministries of Health to develop and implement evidence-based strategic plans for integrated case management of NTDs. The Finance and Admin Officer is a full-time position to support the Finance and Operations Manager and other team members to implement the AIM Initiative. This position will be responsible for ensuring the accounting/bookkeeping system in the new office according the ALM/AIM field office policies including supporting budget development, accounting, reporting and analysis, and taxation.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in implementing accounting/bookkeeping system as required by ALM accounting and finance management standards and compliant with local governmental agencies.
- Manage and reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist with tasks relating to the preparation and submission of monthly project expenditure forecasts and cash requests to Finance and Operations Manager.
- Assist in maintaining complete, accurate and timely financial records; prepare and submit monthly financial reports as directed by the Finance and Operations Manager in timely manner; and ensure supporting documents are filed appropriately in hard and soft copies.
- Ensure timely submission of statutory returns and payments (WHT deductions, etc.).
- Ensure field vouchers are prepared accurately, supporting documents are in place, and all transactions are coded in accordance of chart of accounts and cost codes.
- Carry out initial review of advance retirements to ensure completeness of information on expenditures.
- Perform routine banking transactions.
- Ensure all finance documents are properly filed.
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; post transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconcile entries.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents in Google Drive.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Assist with audits.
- Independent organization and coordination of administrative and organizational tasks (secretarial activities) to ensure the smooth functioning of staff based in the Ghana office.
- Perform routine administrative duties, involving contact with and exposure to confidential materials and information.
- Assist with travel arrangements (including visas) for the AIM staff.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Process receipts and travel expense reports for staff.
- Keep track of and submit staff PTOs and time sheets.
- Book flights and hotels for staff and visitors.
- Maintain official correspondence and communications.
- Keep minutes or notes of regular team meetings and other official meetings.
- Support procurement of office supplies, materials and equipment in accordance with the procurement manual.
To perform the job successfully, the employee should achieve or maintain acceptable productivity levels, quality levels and/or outcomes in the areas listed below.
- An analysis tool for tracking PTO and timesheets is developed and reported quarterly.
- Administrative processes developed for the Ghana office.
- Vendors are paid on time.
- Useful, timely project and finance data is accessible to the AIM team.
- Projects satisfy or exceed all donor compliance requirements and financial information is timely and reliable.
- Program print and electronic finance and admin documents and files are orderly, accurate, and support a successful financial audit.
- Office is maintained well and supportive services are in place.
- Constructive and effective relationships with team members and field teams are built.
- Team values are lived out and promoted.
- All ALM policies and procedures are followed.
- Travel authorization requests are completed for staff.
- Other quarterly and annual goals set in discussion with the Finance and Operations Manger are achieved.
To perform the job successfully, the employee should possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors:
- Accuracy and Analytical – Demonstrates precision and correctness in work. Has the ability and desire to produce accurate work that is free of errors on a consistent basis. Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Excellent attention to detail.
- Initiative – Without prompting, takes proactive steps to manage and/or improve all work tasks and operations. Is innovative, responsible and insightful.
- Adaptability and Flexibility – Demonstrates ability to adjust to and thrive in a dynamic, strategic and results driven organization. Is teachable, receptive and pliable. Demonstrates openness and patience to work with partner organizations and field teams in a fluid context where needs and demands may change often and with short notice.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively with co-workers, donors, end recipients, vendors, volunteers and others to achieve the organization’s mission, values and goals, showing favor, grace, compassion, cooperation, mercy and acceptance.
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management – Plans and prioritizes work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans; establishes and adheres to deadlines; collects, analyzes and uses data to manage effectively and efficiently.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner using good judgment; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Required Minimum Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or Higher National Diploma (HND) in finance or accounting or related required; Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- At least two years of finance and administrative management experience with donor- funded health and development projects in Ghana.
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including to ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated adequate experience with the use of intuit QuickBooks.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Ghana tax and VAT regulations; well-developed and effective organizational skills, including to ability to multi-task.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and produce error-free products.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Google platforms.
- Quality written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate input from different global avenues.
- Strong in attention to detail, establishing priorities, scheduling and meeting deadlines.
- Flexible in handling multiple tasks of different natures and prioritizing efficiently; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to be proactive and think ahead.
- Ability to understand the multi-cultural/global environment of the organization and effectively communicate accordingly (not only verbal and written but also effectively listening).
- Fluent in English.
- Only local Ghanaian candidates will be considered for this position (Females are encouraged to apply).
Method of Application
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Closing Date : March 30, 2020.