FAO Job Vacancy : National Professional Officer
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT / Telecom Jobs in Ghana
(Information And Communications Technology)
- The Regional Office for RAF is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region.
- It ensures a multi-disciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities.
- RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies.
- RAF develops and maintains relations With region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs).
- The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
Duration: Fixed Term Two (2)years
Organisational Unit: Regional Office For Africa, RAF
CCOG Code: 1.A.05
Grade Level: NO-C
Post Number: 2004794
The post is located in the Regional Office for Africa in Accra, Ghana.
The National Professional Officer (Information and Communications Technology) reports to the Senior Administrative Officer in the Region and receive technical guidance from the relevant technical Division in HQ
Plan, deliver and support regional ICT/IS services and contracts, equipment, products, systems, network and telecommunication infrastructure (including Video Conference facilities).
Effective custbmer support. Implementation of corporate ICT strategies and Plans at regional level. Confidentiality, integrity and availability of all ICT systems. ManagementoflT resources in the region.
- Advises and plans on regional IT solutions; provides information on, and enforces compliance with, Corporate IT policies, standards and established procedures; assists in disseminating information on ICT matters to the user community in a timely manner;
- Analyses corporate ICT strategies and proposes plans to adapt them to local environment/conditions. Identifies risks and needs for new or modified ICT strategies and proposes actions as required;
- Manages the delivery of regional IT services, including user support through a service desk function, server administration, network infrastructure and services, LAN-based Internet access and local operations of video conferencing. Ensures compliance of the IT service levels in line with the IT Divisional policies and standards;
- Manages the IT equipment, facilities and contracts related to IT infrastructure components such as servers, network and telecommunication systems and the deployment or implementation of security changes to the IT infrastructure according to corporate IT guidelines;
- Oversees the plans and ensures implementation of local IT maintenance and deployment activities, including updates and overall systems improvement,1n line with IT Division guidelines and standards; _
- Analyses and identifies hardware and software requirements, coordinates regional IT expenditures and manages the IT equipment life cycle; ensures inventories and FAO IT assets are kept up to date;
- Produces yearly ICT report with achievements, issues addressed, emerging trends and requirements analysis for IT service improvements, information systems and applications plans and Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans;
- Leads and/or participates in internal committees, project teams, and
- working groups and provides specialized expertise on IS/ICT matters;
- Performs other duties as required
- A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
- For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salarles_allowances/salary.htm
Required Skills or Experience
- National of the country of assignment
- University degree in computer science, engineering, communications, mathematics or other closely related fields and seven years of relevant experience in the field of information and communications technology including business administration or advanced university degree in computer science, engineering, communications, mathematics or other closely related fields and five years of relevant experience in the field of information and communications technology including business administration
- Level C of English
- Working knowledge of the local language
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationship
- Knowledge sharing and Continuous Improvement
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience in system administration for PCs, servers, and other ICT equipment; extent of experience with current versions of Microsoft Windows Server and Exchange, and communications equipment e.g. Cisco 10S
- Extent and relevance of experience in user support (desktop hardware configuration, diagnosis and repair, and with software configuration, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Office software)
- Extent and relevance of experience in vendor relations, e.g. with hardware service providers, telecommunications providers
- Extent and relevance of experience in supporting information technologies and communications network within large-scale LAN and WAN environments, including extensive familiarity with basic telecommunication technologies such as telephony, IP networking and Wide Area Networks
- All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by a technical skills and competency- based interview.
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your iRecruitment online profile (see “How to Apply”). We strongly recommend that you ensure that the information is accurate and complete including employment record, academic qualifications and language skills. .
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice and the endorsed candidates will be considered for the Employment Roster for a period of 2 years.
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments
How to Apply
- Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities depending on the evolving needs ofthe Organization.