Engineering Manager – Electrical & Instrumentation at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Obuasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as ENGINEERING MANAGER – ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Engineering Manager – Electrical & instrumentation role holder will be accountable for developing and managing electrical & instrumentation systems on the mine – surface, underground and processing plant.
The role holder will develop plans that will include continuous improvement of power per unit product by studying operational plans; develop 3-year energy consumption forecast for the mine up to LOM, studying existing conditions; determining needs to accomplish operational plans; mapping solutions; updating and modifying requirements and solutions; preparing cost estimates and budgets, identifying trends and determining system improvements and implementing change.
- Review and define the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Develop and set the Electrical & instrumentation Safety Management Plan for the mine in consultation with the Safety Manager
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Issue environmental-related instruction to employees at the workplace.
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
- Utilise ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced.
- Reduce energy usage by running the plant energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within the sphere of influence.
- Provide subject matter inputs and describe requirements when Establishing the Processing Plant and Surface and Underground Mine Infrastructure Electrical & instrumentation teams required to support the respective role holders in executing the project and operational requirements.
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- Set and communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance.
- Create and provide guidance to subordinates in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance.
- Define standards for all electrical & instrumentation designs for surface processing plant, surface infrastructure and underground activities
- Establish the Power System Analysis Software for the mine and operationalise it
- Provide electrical & instrumentation interface management with the EPCM contractor for construction and refurbishment works.
- Define electrical & instrumentation requirements of continuous improvement to the Manager Planning to develop maintenance planning and management outcomes that include continuous improvement and QA/QC.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Develop an energy management system and drive energy efficiency initiatives for the mine.
- Define and set the systems for the Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering department to be able to provide input allowing effective quality planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Set the standards so that electrical & instrumentation work carried out by the maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost.
- Define sub-standard work practices and indicate the action to be taken to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Prepare the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy.
- Ensure cost impacts in the area of accountability are evaluated, approved, and budget is revised.
- Identify, compile, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives.
- Manage the department in line with the operational budget.
- Design strategy and processes to maintain the optimise electrical & instrumentation operation of the processing facility and infrastructure during refurbishment moving to operate within the approved project schedule, achieving monitoring of all critical intermediate milestones.
- Design the reporting structure to permit comprehensive recognition in a timely manner of all current and potential risks to the electrical & instrumentation infrastructure during Refurbishment, Construction and Maintenance activities, utilising the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and setting strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks.
- Develop an asset management strategy for electrical & instrumentation aspects in the area of accountability based on the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
- Utilize the SAP asset maintenance management system in providing information for decision-making processes.
- Oversee the Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process, review and approve appropriate technical and non-technical documentation.
- Maintain a regular SAP asset maintenance management system operational readiness interface and hand over meeting.
- Participate in formal cost and schedule reviews to support accurate and timely reporting.
- Participate in internal and external construction audits as required.
- Develop an Electrical & instrumentation Audit plan for the mine
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve cost, schedule, quality and safety outcomes to all engineering, refurbishment and construction activities undertaken and analysed in relation to the Electrical & instrumentation System and Supply on the mine.
- Provide timely information with respect to progress against the plan (timeliness, cost and quality considerations), detailing variances with reasons for variances; activities planned to recover, and actions required to prevent recurrence of notified variances.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong management and leadership skills will be an advantage
- Financial, commercial and project management competencies through work experience and courses.
- An experienced Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer with 10+ years’ experience in the continuous improvement, asset management, reliability and condition monitoring of electrical & instrumentation machinery and infrastructure in the processing plant and mine environments.
- Experience in Energy Management
- Experience in Management and QA/QC on contractor work
- Experience in Power Systems and related Software Analysis
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in Power Supply Purchase & Transmission Agreements and stakeholder management with power regulatory authorities in Ghana will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Proven competencies in electrical & instrumentation economy improvement in metal processing and mine environment
- A recognized authority on improving electrical & instrumentation power consumption while reducing unit usage
- Strong QC/QA competencies
- Strong maintenance competencies in fixed plants
- Sound project management skills
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and writing
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs.
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs.
- Model work behaviours for subordinates.
- Consistent with the Company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help co-workers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 1 June. 2021