Communication Officer at CARE International
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: CARE International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Kumasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising / Media Jobs in Ghana
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
We believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization.
We are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons.
We know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems.
We believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people.
We challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of human spirit to create impact.
- Develop and implement Communication strategy for the PROSPER project outlining what needs to be communicated (messages) and with whom (targets). The Communication Strategy should be informed by CARE’s Accountability requirements.
- Appropriately package and disseminate communication materials that convey the scope and breadth of work of PROSPER with farmers, communities and partners and its impact for a variety of audiences identified in the communication strategy
- Facilitate development communication with stakeholders and partners by employing communication mechanisms to foster dialogue, share information to empower communities and encourage attitudinal and behavioral changes
- Create platforms for media to engage with duty bearers on follow up issues the project has raised with MMDAs
- Explore appropriate communication channels and mechanisms to disseminate IEC materials at National, Regional, District and Community levels.
- Work with project team to produce and disseminate project learning materials, brochures, leaflets and other materials for wider reach and target groups using appropriate channels and mechanisms
- Support other officers on the project to manage and update project management information system.
- Facilitate effective communication and sharing of information using innovative IT solutions
- Write articles/stories, take high quality photos, and shoot and edit short, compelling videos for CARE and Cargill outreach purposes.
- Responsible for public outreach and content development of press releases, journalistic articles, publish in approved news portals including online sites and television among others
- Liaison for media engagement and protocol relations of PROSPER.
- Develop and implement annual Knowledge Management Plan that spells out the process of generation, storage, control and provision of knowledge/ information within the project for learning.
- Coordinate, organize and store project information on Microsoft teams for easy access Create collaborative tools to facilitate sharing of ideas that are of use to colleagues and partners
Required Skills or Experience
- A good first degree from a recognized university preferably in communications, media, international development or related field.
- Formal academic training in public health and research methods (certificate program acceptable).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in international development sector, in (research) communications roles, working in international organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work across cultures.
- Ability to effectively communicate fluently in English (verbal and written) with many different functions, cultures and levels in the
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically
- Experience maintaining an electronic document repository and/or with using web-based tools to maintain collaboration spaces.
- Scientific journalism experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS office), experience in handling of web based management system
- Experience in data processing & use of data visualization tools
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills in English. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders (strong demonstrable report writing skills).
- Strong facilitation, People Skills, Integrity and Resilience / Adaptation and flexibility
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook and database software
- Critical thinking, creative and analytical
- Excellent communication skills and good team player
- Experience in facilitating linkages, relationship building and networking
- Good speaking and writing skills in English and ability to communicate in Twi (Akan)
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Working experience in project operational areas and experience with similar assignments
Method of Application
- Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to [email protected]. PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
- Closing date for submission of applications is Thursday 27th February, 2020.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.