Commercial and Contracts Manager at Wayoe Engineering and Constructions Limited
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Wayoe Engineering and Constructions Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Takoradi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
Wayoe Engineering & Construction Limited is a privately-owned Ghanaian engineering and construction company with world-class capabilities spanning across the client value chain. We operate a business model comprising of fabrication detailing, procurement and construction services delivering integrated solutions to our clients. WEC’s principal offices are strategically located in Takoradi, Ghana and Johannesburg, South Africa, with additional registered offices in Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Mali and Sierra Leone.
Effective with the release of this position announcement, WEC is seeking applicants for the position of Commercial and Contracts Manager to be based in its Takoradi office.
COMMERCIAL AND CONTRACTS MANAGER
Job Title: Commercial and Contracts Manager
Department: Commercial & Contracts Department
Reports To: General Manager
Functional Relationships: Group Commercial, Legal & Risk Director/Supply Chain Manager/Projects Manager/Finance Manager and External Stakeholders
Our growing international engineering & construction firm is seeking an experience and professional Contracts Lead/Commercial Manager to join our team and provide leadership to the contracts department. This role will fully responsible for all pre and post contract management activities for the company and manage the day to day administration of the commercial department. This position will provide the right person with promotion potential of joining the team to resume the role as the Group Contracts Manager.
- Providing leadership and strategic direction over efficient and effective management of the commercial procurement and contractual activities for the company. The contract manager will ensure that all contract and risk management activities are timely and accurately executed while protecting the company’s interests throughout the full projects’ lifecycle.
- Accountable for defining and implementing the process of economising construction processes from project initiation to completion ensuring practical and sustainable financial decisions are made throughout the projects’ lifecycle with the aim of driving value delivery.
- Develop very efficient and fit for purpose tender, cost/estimation and cost control processes, policies & procedures and systems to international standards and in line with Company’s procedures and objectives.
- Effective and consistent implementation of the Company’s commercial and contract policies in order to reduce spending and increase margins.
- Accountable for the contract management component of the ERP design.
Management and Strategies
- Ensure cost-effective and efficient delivery of all contract management services for the company.
- Oversee the day to day administration and management activities of estimation, tendering and post awards contract management.
- Working closely with the relevant project team members to proactively identify opportunities to maximise commercial returns, reduce value leakages, mininise contract risk, and plan commercial risk mitigation strategies;
- Develop standard templates for responding to tender pre-qualification questionnaire and ITT with input from the following functions: project & technical service, procurement, finance and Human Resources.
- Develop and implement standardised estimation&contracts management documents/templates for the company: budget estimates, tender documents, a tender list report, tender/post tender clarification/query form, minutes of meeting, contracts register, contract brief, contract deliverables checklist, materials/labour schedules, incoming and outgoing correspondence log, interim valuation/reports, financial & progress reports, claims, final accounts, contracts risk log, sub-contractors performance review form, etc.
- Assist in the development of budget estimate, WBS allocation for projects and project account statement for each project.
- Develop and maintain a project cost control and forecasing proprietary system to track budgeted cost, actual cost and forecast to completion as a backup system and to reconcile the information with the ERP system.
- Lead other key functions within the business to develop estimation and pricing proprietary templates for estimation, pricing analysis, modeling, purchase/market price cost analysis and identifying competitive benchmarks for tendering purposes
- Develop and implement best working practices and value engineering initiatives to reduce spending and increase profit margins.
- Develop annual goals and objectives for the contracts/commercial department in accordance with corporate policies and manages performance to ensure attainment.
- Safeguarding the company’s interest at all times and carry out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner
- Manages, trains and coaches individual employees while guiding them to reach their potential and providing constructive feedback for employee development; reviews incoming candidate resumes, interviews, and stratehires new team members based on department/region staffing needs.
- Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations throughout the tendering and project execution
- Prepare detailed monthly management report on all tenders and contracts status (including financial reports during the works in progress on site)
- Other management administrative activities (for example management committee member, disciplinary committee member, advise on hiring of key personnel, procurement review board member).
- Maintain strong relationships with contract managers in external organisations that have a relationship with the clients and clients’ agents.
- Attend relevant seminars and networking events that allow these relationships to be strengthened and maintained.
Tender/Contract Procurement activities
- Reporting and examining tenders received, dealing with errors and qualifications and presenting them to management for signoff.
- Attend all tender, kickoff and contracts review meetings with client as the commercial representative for the business and will be responsible for commercial enquiries from pre-tender, post-tender clarifications, progress contracts reviews and final contract closeout.
- Lead the preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFP’s/ITT) ensuring the team is submitting competitive proposals for all projects; ensures pricing falls within market guidelines; sense check of rates; reviews and evaluates the validity and cost-effectiveness of RFP/ITT to increase the percentage of successful tendering competitions to 75%.
- Shall ensure that appropriate commercial, financial, technical and local contents requirements are addressed in the tender enquiry and in alignment with the Company standards and industry best practise.
- Comprehensively review all pre-qualification and ITT documents and assess/quantify exact requirements and expectations and advice the business accordingly.
- Shall ensure that appropriate commercial, financial, technical and local contents requirements are addressed in the tender enquiry in alignment with the Company standards and industry best practise.
- Take sole accountability for responding to all prequalification and tender enquiries/clarifications/queries and ensure tenders are delivered by the tender closing date and time and confirmation of receipt dully acknowledged by the Clients.
Post- award activities
- Attend internal and external meetings with Clients and ensure the production of accurate records of minutes/discussions and actions. Negotiate contractual terms in line with Company standards.
- Work closely with project team to finalise the contract implementation and execution plan including project materials/plant & equipment and labour requirements schedules for management signoff. Ensure procurement and reconciliation of materials is carried out in accordance with Company procedures to best value and to prevent delays.
- Responsible for contractual administration of the contract and advice, provide guidance and assistance to Project management team on matters management matters, commercial claims and negotiations proceedings requiring contractual interpretation and advice.
- Responsibilities of the Contracts manager include the financial monitoring and control of the contracts, ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance is maintained, and the Company’s procedures and objectives are achieved.
- Work closely with the project managers to ensure that projects under execution are in accordance with the provisions under which the contract was awarded.
- Assist the finance and project team in the development of control budget estimate, WBS allocation for all projects and producing/analyzing progress reports and updated cash flow forecasts for projects under execution.
- Ensure weekly review of progress, budget resources and forward planning are carried out, and lookahead programmes are in place
- Control the receipt and handover of performance and retention bonds, insurance certificates, Change orders and claims administration, etc. during project execution.
- Work closely with the following functions to initiate cost savings practices and also maintains comprehensive written and up-to-date records of contract communications for both in-coming and out-going correspondence.
- Raising contract notices under main contract, developing integrated claims strategy with the project team, preparing extension of time claims.
- Proactively work closely with site managers to identify, price and agree project variations with the Clients. Preparing change orders to the contract and develop the negotiation strategy and support negotiations.
- Prepare interim payment certificates, claims and provide all supporting documents to finance in a timely manner and as prescribe by the each contracts for invoicing including final account recon during contract closeout
- Valuing the progress of works on site and making sub-contractor payment recommendations.
Contract Closeout Activities:
- Negotiating and steeling Final Accounts with Clients and Sub-contractors for all contracts under closeout
- Work closely with the project manager to ensure that the basis of each Contract has been satisfactorily completed in full.
- Prepare a contract closeout report for management review and signoff
- Accountable for Contract fling and contract documentation management.
Qualification and Experience:
Excellent knowledge of the construction; mining and oil and gas industries
Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Technology/Management or Project Management
Sound technical background with extensive hands-on in contract management in an international Company.
Minimum Ten (10) years of directly related procurement and contracts management experience at managerial level is necessary.
Must be a chartered quantity surveyor in good standing (MRICS), CCM or other related professional membership.
How to ApplyInterested applicants may apply for this job by submitting their application and CV with three references to the address below not later than 17th May, 2019, indicating “Commercial and Contracts Manager” in the subject line. WEC would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates who meet our requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted. EOE/AA.
The Human Resources and Local Content Development Lead
Wayoe Engineering and Construction Limited
Market Circle, TakoradiEmail: [email protected].