Catholic Relief Services Job Vacancy : Field Officer (REST)
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Tamale, Northern Region, Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
Catholic Relief Services began working in Ghana in 1958. Over the years, CRS has worked to implement programs on agriculture; health; HIV; microfinance; school feeding; water, sanitation and hygiene; emergency relief and peace building. CRS implements programs through partnerships with a variety of stakeholders, including the government of Ghana, local NGOs, international NGOs, Church, and public and private sector partners. CRS Ghana currently employs 56 national staff and 3 international staff. The country program’s head office is in Accra, with a sub office in Tamale.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We are motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ to cherish, preserve and uphold the sacredness and dignity of all human life, foster charity and justice, and embody Catholic social and moral teaching as we act to:
- Promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies; and,
- Serve Catholics in the United States as they live their faith in solidarity with their brothers and sisters around the world.
- Job Title: Field Officer (REST)
- Department: Programming (Health)
- Band: C
- Reports To: Community Mobilization Specialist
- Country/Location: Ghana/Northern and Upper East Regions (Karaga, Gushegu, Mamprugu-Moaduri & Builsa South districts)
- Start Date: June 2017
- End Date: June 2020
A United States based Foundation has approved CRS Ghana’s Rural Emergency Health Service and Transport (REST II) Project for a period of three years (June 2017 – June 2020). As a member of the Rural Emergency Health Service and Transport (REST) project team, you will work with the Project Specialists and project partners (Ghana Health Service) in the implementation of REST project strategies and activities, coordinating various project activities and events in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your service and community relations skills ensure that the local partners and communities feed into and benefit from the project that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact.
- Support the coordination and monitoring of project activities at the field level, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed activity plan, and that adherence to systems for quality project implementation are strengthened.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, implementing partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level to assist local partners in strengthening the community interest, involvement and support networks.
- Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- In coordination with the District Implementation Team (DITs), support capacity building events for community representatives.
- Coordinate, supervise, monitor, and report on mentor and volunteer activities.
- Work with community based agents and compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
- Prepare and submit monthly project updates to the immediate supervisor
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability and Learning (MEAL):
- Work with MEAL Specialist to ensure that project MEAL systems comply with agency standards and donor specifications.
- Support MEAL Specialist on field monitoring and evaluation activities and partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Proactively identify issues and challenges and report them to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Document lessons learned and other human interest stories with the MEAL Specialist and Community Mobilization Specialist
- Support the use of ICT4D technologies as per the project requirements at the community and health facility levels
- Actively seek and respond to feedback from all members of targeted communities and other stakeholders and report appropriately.
- Not Applicable
- 90% of time (in the field)
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: None applicable
- Internal: REST Community Mobilization Specialist, REST MEAL Specialist, REST Project Coordinator, Health Program Manager, MEAL Coordinator, REST Field Officers
- External: Ghana Health Service, District Assemblies, Local Leaders/Chiefs, District Director of Health Services
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Community Development, Public Health, Nutrition or related field.
- 1-2 years of work or volunteer experience in community development, community engagement and mobilization.
- Computer literate and skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Possession of License to ride a motorcycle.
- Knowledge of local language (Dagbani, Mampruli, etc.) would be preferable.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
- Presentation, facilitation and communication skills.
- Ability to ride a motorbike in rough terrain
- Knowledge of local level issues
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) Competencies:
- Accountability: Improving our accountability to a range of stakeholders through increased participation, transparent communication, responsive feedback mechanisms, and adherence to internal and external quality standards and requirements.
- Analysis and Critical Thinking: Engaging with data, challenging biases and assumptions, posing thoughtful questions, pursuing deeper understanding of evidence through reflection and perspective-taking, and making informed programming decisions.
- Monitoring: Implementing monitoring activities, including timely collection of quality data, set up and maintenance of databases, facilitation of participatory reflection on monitoring results, and submission of timely progress reports.
Required/Desired Foreign Language:
- Not Applicable
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and letter of interest to [email protected] by 5pm on June 09, 2017. Application must be saved with this format: Application.CV.(Name).Field Officer.REST
CRS is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates meeting position requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.