AECOM Job Vacancy : Marine Inspector
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: AECOM
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
Requisition/Vacancy No. 158966BR
Position Title Marine Inspector
Job Category Engineering – Construction
Business Line Transportation
State/Province/Region GH – Greater Accra
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in
Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by
Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A
Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
The Civil Engineer / Marine Inspector (CE/MI) reports to the Engineer’s Representative and the lead engineers for quay wall construction, breakwater construction and dredging and reclamation.
The CE/MI will support the dredging, reclamation, breakwater and quay wall design and construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
TheCE/MIis responsible for activelyaddressing issues as raised by the project team by providing guidance or resolution either personally or through collaboration with other engineers, quantity surveyors, contracts specialists and HSEQ specialists.
CE/MI will be coordinating all Quality Assurance and Quality Control aspects of the works. His duties will include, but will not be limited to, taking particular responsibility for:
- review of all designs, contract documentation, design reports and other relevant data, particularly in relation to the achievement and assessment of the quality of the Works;
- implementing systems for monitoring of the quality of Materials intended for inclusion and included in the Works, sound methodologies, performance, workmanship and the quality of the completed product;
- maintaining close liaison with Resident Engineers and ensuring that they are provided with prompt and accurate data and/or opinions on all materials testing and quality control issues;
- evaluation of and comment upon the Contractor’s Quality plans, and monitoring the Contractor’s adherence to these plans, once approved;
- establishment and implementation of systems for the inspection and assessment of all Works constructed and for the acceptance or rejection of individual sections of the Works;
- inspection of all materials testing facilities provided by the Contractor and evaluation of the correctness and effectiveness of sampling and testing procedures;
- assistance with and advice upon the design, establishment and implementation of the Management Information System;
- implementing effective record systems with especial reference to the compilation of as-built records;
- monitoring all materials investigations;
- advice, assistance and assessment in respect of the supplementary designs and/or Contractor’s Value Engineering proposals;
- monitoring all aspects of the Contractor’s operations with especial reference to adherence to good practices for health and safety and protection of the environment;
- monitor provision by the Contractor of all facilities for the consultant ensuring the rapid preparation and submission of reports and statistical analyses for quality control and advising on the results;
- checking details and performance of all trial mixes, (including the effectiveness of any admixtures proposed);
- ensuring regular checking of the calibration, accuracy and operation of batching equipment, mixing equipment and testing equipment on Site;
- inspecting quarries, and other sources of naturally-occurring materials, supplying materials for incorporation in the works;
- supervising and co-ordinating the activities of Site staff for whom responsible and to keeping them informed on matters which may influence their work;
- reporting and contributing to reports and drafting correspondence as appropriate;
- keeping a daily diary to record important events;
- assisting in the maintenance of full and complete Site records and, specifically, maintaining those records for which responsibility is allocated in the data management system;
- attending Site meetings when requested to do so.
- Providing support and advice to the Resident Engineer on Civil matters.
- Coordinating project needs and service delivery with other projects’ senior engineers.
- Preparation of and verifying the accuracy of periodic (weekly, monthly) and ad hoc reports and project metrics.
- Contributing to the development of tender and contract documents for interfacing works.
- Collaborating with the Design Manager in the review of the Design-Build Contractor’s design of the works.
- Obtaining support from the Quality Manager in implementing the QA/QC procedures.
- Collaborating with the Project Controls staff in assessing progress against programme.
- Experience working for a consultant is required (3 years minimum).
- Experience in Marine Construction and /or site investigation is an advantage.
- Experience working for a contractor is an advantage.
Specific skills required:
- Preparation of technical reports.
- Supervision of civil construction.
- Reading and interpreting plans and specifications.
- Reading and interpreting time schedules for construction.
Person Specification (Personality Attributes):
- Focused on project delivery – attention to detail and quality with a capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- CE/MI forms part of a larger Construction management team and sound interpersonal skills and team ethic are essential.
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit) is an advantage.
- Minimum BSc or BTech in an engineering discipline.
- Member of professional organisation.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.