WSUP Job Vacancy : Chief Executive, Clean Team
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
WSUP is a non-profit partnership between the private sector, NGOs and research institutions focused on solving the global problem of inadequate water and sanitation in low-income urban communities. WSUP brings lasting solutions to low-income areas by working in partnership with service providers, including water utilities, local authorities and businesses, and the communities they serve. WSUP strengthens the capacity of service providers to deliver sustainable city-wide water and sanitation services, promote good hygiene and raise the environmental standards of low-income communities.
From incorporation in 2005, WSUP has grown rapidly to a £10‐12m organisation and has plans for further expansion over the next five years. The organisation is now at a pivotal stage in its growth. It presently operates six well‐developed, respected country programmes in Africa and Asia (Bangladesh, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Mozambique, Zambia) to strengthen public and private sector service providers to improve the delivery of affordable services to low income consumers WSUP has recently expanded its portfolio of operations to include the building and strengthening of private sector provision in urban water and sanitation services and the sale of consulting services on all aspects of low income urban WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) to disseminate learning and increase impact. All of these operations are supported by research, communications, funding and finance and resources teams.
For more information about WSUP’s vision and approach, see www.wsup.com
Reporting to: Clean Team Board (line manager: CEO WSUP)
Duration: Two-year fixed-term aligned to end of funding
Location: Kumasi, Ghana
About the Role:
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a CEO to take Clean Team to the next stage in its journey towards proven commerciality and ability to scale. Much has been learned, developed and improved in the four years since inception and in achieving the recent milestone of our 1,000th paying customer.
- You will lead the current team of 25 and will thrive on growing the business profitably and responsibly.
About Clean Team:
- Clean Team is a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSUP based in Ghana.
- It is a social business that seeks to provide improved toilet facilities to low income communities in order to improve their lives.
- Its Board members combines international and local expertise. Currently 70% of households pay for public toilets located within the city of Kumasi, Ghana’s second city, and Clean Team provides a rented, attractive, branded portable toilet which sits in the house, supported by an excellent collection service.
- This sustainable operating model fulfills Clean Team’s explicit ambition to scale up beyond Kumasi.
- As CEO of Clean Team you will be responsible for overall leadership of the organisation, devising the longer term strategy, improving the current day-to-day operations and motivating the sales and account management teams.
- You will be responsible for developing the team, bringing the right talent into the organisation and ensuring the products and services we offer meet and surpass the expected Clean Team standards.
- This is a social business and you will be overseeing the financialviability of the business model and monitoring the social impact of our work.
- Most importantly youwill be building a business and operating model that is scalable in other cities facing similar challenges.
- You will be the spokesperson for the organisation with a wide variety of stakeholdersand you will liaise with and report to the Board and the WSUP CEO based in London.
- Key Accountabiliites:
- Financial: Improved gross margin and financial performance with the aim of achieving aprofitable operating model.
- Sales: Increasing customer numbers beyond the 1,000 we now have to ensure greater reachand to enable economies of scale.
- Innovation: Overseeing the testing, learning and launch of product and service innovations –piloting a new toilet developed by a WSUP partner, embracing mobile payment advances.
- Data: Introducing a data-driven model which reflects the learning from customers, newproducts and services, which enables properly informed decision making.
- Strategy: Creation of a longer-term strategy plan which gives direction and purpose to theorganisation.
- KPIs: Introduction of KPIs so that everyone knows in the organisation what success looks like inhis or her particular role; development of a weekly dashboard that shows how the business isperforming.
- Operations: Good overall operational awareness with a clearly-articulated improvementprogramme (impact required, timeframe, resources used, measurement employed) and whichis understood by the whole organisation.
- People: Creating a positive, proactive, supportive culture that enables the aims of the businessto be met. Nurturing a team that is passionate about making a difference and creatingworkable solutions. Developing a succession plan that embraces and develops local talent.
- Stakeholders: Driving the success of the business through partnership, involving keystakeholders from government and the private sector, including privately-owned toilets.
- Board: Ensuring the Board is properly engaged with the strategy; timely provision ofperformance data all leading to effective governance, informed risk management, andtransparent decision-making.
Salary: US$3,500-4,000 gross monthly, paid in Ghanaian Cedis
Required Skills or Experience
The essential criteria will be assessed by the following methods:
Application (A), Interview (I), Test (T)
|· Degree level qualification or equivalent (A)||· Qualification in business|
|administration or similar directly|
|related to business development (A)|
|· Proven commercial operator – in sales, operations||· Planning, communicating and|
|or logistics (A, I)||overseeing strategic change|
|management programmes at an|
|· Improving financial performance of a team or||organisational level (A,I)|
|organization (A, I)|
|· Planning, communicating and overseeing strategic|
|change management (A, I)|
|· Engaging multiple stakeholders to shape new|
|business (A, I)|
|· Evidence-based decision making (A, I)|
|· Strong team management, development and|
|leadership (A, I)|
|· Defining and monitoring KPIs (I)|
|· Financially literate – good understanding of P+L,||· Knowledge and experience of the|
|cash flow and balance sheets and how they||WASH sector (A, I)|
|interface (I, T)|
|· Proof of an open and transparent approach (I)|
|· Operational awareness and oversight (A, I)|
|· Effective communicator both orally and on paper,|
|confident with a range of audiences including at|
|senior governmental level (I)|
|· Resilience and ability to motivate others through|
|significant change (I)|
|· A “hands on” approach to leadership (I)|
How to Apply
- CVs will not be accepted.
- WSUP does not use agencies for recruitment.
- Please note: You must have the right to work in Ghana at the time of application. We will not sponsor visas for this role.