West End University College (WEUC) Job Vacancy : Vice-Chancellor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
Brief History of the West End University College:
The West End University College (WEUC) is a private institution whose vision is to be a higher education institution that emphasises excellence in entrepreneurship and leadership in all areas of academic pursuit. It is located at Ngleshie-Amaanfro, off the Weija-Kasoa Highway, about 15km from Accra.
It has modern infrastructure which facilitates effective teaching and learning. It is accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) and affiliated with University of Cape-Coast. WEUC currently offers attractive programmes in business, health, science, computer and information technology with tremendous potentials for expansion in academic programmes.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Vice-Chancellor at the West End University College (WEUC) which is currently vacant. It is anticipated that the most suitable candidate will assume office in time for the commencement of the 2013/2014 academic year.
Condition of Service: The appointment is for a four-year period in the first instance with attractive and competitive remuneration package.
The ideal candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor of WEUC must be a distinguished academic of many years experience in any one of the following disciplines: Arts, Social Sciences, the Sciences and Technology with an earned Doctor of Philosophy degree. The Vice-Chancellor must, inter alia, possess the following attibutes:
- Distinguished reputation as a scholar and academic with a track record of teaching research and community service
- Experience in higher education management;
- A scholar of outstanding national and international repute with proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- A person endowed with string character and ability to provide courageous and effective leadersip;
- A person capable of inspiring the advancement of learning and reaching out to all persons;
- Of sound health, pleasant disposition, unassailable integrity and strong moral character for inspiring and maintaining moral discipline among faculty and students; and
- Of proven ability to initiate contacts and funding from both local and offshore sources
Each applicant must submit 10 copies of signed curriculum vitae which must contain the following:
- Full Name and Date of Birth;
- Nationality and Permanent Address;
- Marital Status and Number of Children;
- Institutions Attended with Dates;
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with Dates;
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Societies;
- Publications, Discoveries and Inventions with all relevant details;
- Working Experience in the University System with Names of Institutions and Dates;
- Details of Administrations, Fund Attraction and Management Experience in the University System;
- Specific Services to Local, National and International communities (with dates, institutions and status);
- Present Employment Status, Salary and Employer,
- Extra Curricula Activities; and
- Names and Addresses of three referees one of whom must be the Head of the institution where the applicant currently works
In addition, each applicant is to present a Vision Statement of the University College in the next four years in not more than 1,000 words.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of Vice-Chancellor” to:
The Chairman of the Search Committee
C/O The Registrar
West End University College
P. O. Box AN 15402
A soft copy of the application must also be sent by electronic mail to: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
The listed referees are to directly submit or post their reports to the Registrar under confidential cover in an envelope marked “Referees Report for Post of Vice-Chancellor” to the Registrar.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and they will be expected to submit their original certificates for inspection.