Submit Your CV for Interns Recruitment at UNDP (10 Post)
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: UNDP
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
Location : Accra, GHANA
Application Deadline : 23-Nov-16 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 02-Jan-2017
Duration of Initial Contract : Maximum of Six Months
Expected Duration of Assignment : 6 Months
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 177 countries and territories, working with governments and people on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. As they develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of partners that can bring about results.
The UNDP Internship programme offers a great opportunity for students and recent graduates to acquire direct exposure to UNDP’s work through practical experience.
Opportunities are available in a variety of areas and every attempt will be made to match the interests of the intern with the needs of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will assist the various Cluster teams, in the continuation and implementation of ongoing initiatives and other tasks as required by the project teams.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively;
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately;
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication;
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience;
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others;
- Places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Actively seeks to improve programmes or services;
- Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs;
- Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas;
- Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; things ‘outside the box’;
- Takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things;
- Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
- Marketing / Social Media Communication and IT.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and effective social media communication strategies;
- Ability to research and identify target audiences;
- Ability to assist with implementing messaging strategies;
- Knowledge of basic graphic design theory;
- Strong competency in graphic design and publishing software, such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree programme in a development-related field such as public administration, public policy, public relations, international relations, international law and sociology.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- An interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- As an applicant, you should be able to demonstrate an interest in the field of development and respect the principles of the United Nations Charter and UNDP’s mission. The desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds is an essential part of working in the UN system. You should also be interested in global mobility, as well as adaptability to varied physical and other environments.
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications);
- Excellent interactive and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of Georgian and/or Russian is an asset;
- Local interns (citizens of Georgia) should have a sound command of written and spoken proficiency in English and Georgian.
- UNDP internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institution;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship;
- The intern will be evaluated at the end of the contract and due recognition of work will be issued in writing.
In case an applicant is successfully selected, s/he will be requested to provide electronic versions of the following documents:
- Copy of the applicant’s most recent resume or curriculum vitae;
- Letter from his/her university confirming current enrollment and graduation date;
- Letter of recommendation from a professor;
- Copy of his/her school transcript;
- Copy of passport;
- Completed UNDP internship application form (to be provided upon selection);
- Signed UNDP Internship Agreement (to be provided upon selection);
- Medical Certificate of Good Health (to be provided upon selection);
- Proof of medical insurance (to be provided upon selection).