Newmont Job Vacancy : Senior Supervisor Warehousing
Welcome to jobwebghana.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ghana. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to 0201533571
- Company: Newmont
- Location: Brong Ahafo Region, Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics / Transportation Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont‘s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programmes in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine.
We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
JOB TITLE:Senior Supervisor Warehousing
POSITION TITLE (BCT):Senior Supervisor Warehousing
REPORTS TO:Senior Manager –Warehousing and inventory Control
JOB FAMILY:Supply Chain management
DIMENSIONS:Will have direct supervisory responsibilities for 2-5 site warehouse Supervisors and indirect supervisory responsibilities for their direct reports of 5-10 resources including supply officers and other materials management resources.
Responsible for the development, implementation continues improvement and execution of Newmont’s materials management strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire Supply Chain and specifically for warehousing and inventory management activities.
Oversee all warehouse facilities, responsible to ensure the movement of materials and supplies are received, issued, stored and accounted for in a timely, safe and consistent manner, and in compliance with Company procedures and policies.
Communicates materials management vision and builds strong working relationships with internal clients. Enhances Newmont’s overall materials management capacity through continuous improvement and development of the organization.
• Develops, recommends and implements programs to enhance working relationships and communication processes to ensure achievement of leading practice inventory management processes. Ensure teams share leading practices and lessons learned, use consistent methodologies, and pursue deliverables that are aligned with corporate strategic objectives.
• Makes strategic decisions on future materials categorization processes, drives standards throughout the organization, resolves issues in areas of collaboration with other Supply Chain systems processes, and defines the process methodology in alignment with corporate guidance.
• Implements global strategy and helps develop and implement regional strategy for stock control and inventory management, including supplier held stocks/Vendor Held Stock (VHS) and consignment inventory.
• Makes recommendations on processes improvement with broad use of external knowledge and practices. Consulted as leading authority, recognized by Newmont, as well as by industry peers in the area of warehouse management.
• Creates and continuously optimizes regional warehouse operations work force plans, while ensuring alignment to global strategy, standards and policies. Leads 3rd party contractor warehouse operations workforce strategy, and supports regions/sites in resource requirement planning and implementation.
• Responsible to ensure receiving functions and discrepancy identification are performed at all warehouse facilities, and transactions are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
• Establish, implement and monitor a parts preservation program that suitably protects inventory items from deterioration due to inadequate storage and exposure to the elements of weather.
• Workload is primarily focused on the management and movement of material for the regional warehouses as well as the roster management, staff development and training, and end-user management associated with materials management activity (includes inventory, consumables, tools and kitting activities).
• Interface with key client executives, ensure effective visibility of the global materials management vision, build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients. Ensure client satisfaction.
• Execute the parameter setting up and weekly reports issuing for cycle count, with OBP support. Evaluate and supervise the compliance of standards and objective for weekly count and recount.
• Develop skills and abilities of direct and indirect reports through ongoing performance measurement and feedback. Provide career guidance and act as a champion and mentor for all resources in the supply chain organization.
• Ensure that all warehouse operations are in compliance with safety requirements promoting the company’s safety culture, including training of assigned staff, clearly stating safety expectations, ensuring unsafe events are reviewed in a timely manner and 100% compliance with all Newmont and governmental regulations.
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards, Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
• Collaboration and interaction is expected across the regional supply chain organization as well as across other service and operational areas of Newmont.
• The position may be required to travel to and assist other domestic and international sites.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
• Seven (7) years of directly related materials management and warehousing experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of management experience-leading teams and having direct reports.
• Mining experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of SAP or equivalent enterprise level software packages is necessary.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job: *Supply Chain/Logistics/Procurement
Title: Senior Supervisor Warehousing
Requisition ID: 161525