Jhpiego Job Vacancy : Human Resource Manager
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
The Human Resource Manager will provide leadership and management of the overall provision of HR services, policies, and programs for the Ghana Country Office. This includes advising senior management on all strategic HR matters and overall management of the Country Office HR matters e,g, orienting new staff, developing, implementing and managing HR policies, processes and procedures in accordance with Home Office policy and standards. The HR Manager will also manage staff recruitment and performance evaluation process. The position reports directly to the Country Director with functional reporting to the Human Resources Global Partner in Jhpiego Baltimore.
General HR Responsibilities:
• Analyze the country’s HR needs and establish specific HR objectives for country office to ensure that HR policy/procedures and standards are met
• Ensure country level management team members are well versed on country-related HR policies and that policies are implemented consistently.
• Advise Country Director on all HR related issues.
• Review salary and benefits policies for local nationals to ensure that organization is able to attract and retain highly skilled staff
• Coordinate annual merit review process
• Review and update local employment policies as per local laws and best practices in the international NGO community.
• Liaise with Global Human Resources and Chief Administrative Officer as required.
Compensation and Benefits Responsibilities:
• Provide guidance to Country Director on all local compensation related issues
• Work with Home Office HR to review salary scales and bench mark to the market on a regular basis.
• Manage the design, implementation and administration of innovative compensation programs and policies based Home Office guidance and policies.
• Conduct job evaluations on new and existing positions, including reviewing job descriptions and recommending appropriate grade assignments
• Support Country Director by answering compensation related questions
• Evaluate jobs for internal equity and external competitiveness against salary survey data
• Develop detailed knowledge of Jhpiego expatriate comp and benefits policies and practices administered by Baltimore, HQ.
• Administer all employee benefits.
• Answer queries from staff regarding benefits.
• Review Jhpiego, Ghana benefits packages to ensure compliance with local laws and competitiveness with other international NGOs.
Staff Recruitment Responsibilities
• Partner with hiring managers and Country Director to evaluate needs and determine specific position responsibilities and requirements to ensure accurate candidate sourcing
• Draft job descriptions and advertise via appropriate channels in Ghana
• Evaluate and benchmark new jobs to place them appropriately in the organization’s salary scale.
• Pre-screen candidates and administer appropriate tests and coordinate next level of interviews
• Counsel hiring managers on staffing and recruitment related matters, including legal considerations and coaching on interview techniques
• Organize, lead and document post-interview debrief/feedback with interview teams and candidates
• Perform detailed reference checking and/or reference analyses on selected candidates and review results with hiring managers
• Ensure recruiting and hiring practices are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies
New Hire Orientation and Employee Relations Responsibilities
• Coordinate on-boarding to support the learning process of new employees
• Conduct follow-up with new staff to ensure adaptation and identify problem areas
• Work closely with supervisors to address issues affecting new staff
• Develop and maintain a healthy employee relations environment providing staff a venue to discuss their work related problems and concerns.
• Advise and assist staff with disciplinary and grievance issues
• Mediate in staff conflict situations.
Employee Records Maintenance
• Ensure that employee files are complete and all required documentation is maintained in a confidential and secure manner.
• Ensure that HQ receives new employee documentation in a timely fashion.
• Maintain recruitment and attrition statistics for staff.
Other duties as necessary and as assigned.
NOTE: All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
• Model the Jhpiego mission and values
• Participate in the business development process
• Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
• Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
• Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
• Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree and 9 to 10 years of experience or Masters and 7 to 8 years of experience in Business Administration, Human Resources preferably with an international organisation
• In depth knowledge of Ghanaian employment practices and labour law
• Highly motivated, energetic, independent self-starter with strong service organization
• Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Strong presentation and communication skills, oral and written
• Proficiency in computer applications to include MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures
• Abilities/Skills: (action, i.e. negotiate, manage, exercise independent judgment, act as technical advisor, network, train, etc.)
• Attention to detail and accuracy in data management, analysis, and reporting;
• Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation;
• Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude to work;
• Effective communicator and team member, instilling trust and confidence;
• Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities