Innovations for Poverty Action Job Vacancy : Part-time IT Assistant
Welcome to jobwebghana.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ghana. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to 0201533571
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Part-Time
- Job category: IT / Telecom Jobs in Ghana
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to creating, evaluating and replicating innovative solutions to poverty and policy problems worldwide. IPA specializes in using the randomized controlled trial methodology to evaluate the impact of development programs.
IPA Ghana seeks a Part-time IT Assistant to provide IT support services to the IPA Ghana Tamale office. The part-time IT Assistant will be based in the office two days a week and will be expected to be available on call the other days of the week.
The role is to provide prompt IT support to project teams and to assist the IT Director in meeting the organization’s IT needs. A majority of this person’s time will be spent responding to requests submitted via our online support ticket system, emails, phone calls, and in-person visits. Any time left over will be spent working on projects to help grow the organization’s technology infrastructure.
Scope of work
The part-time IT Assistant will be responsible for the day to day operational activities of help-desk support, network administration, computer repairs and systems improvement.
The part-time IT Assistant will;
- Install new software and hardware;
- Set up equipment such as laptops, projectors and other specialist IT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly;
- Detect, diagnose and resolve computer, printer and peripheral device problems;
- Work to and give guidance to others on the IT acceptable usage policy.
- Perform checks to ensure that internet connectivity is maintained;
- Develop and maintain information architecture (data, application, network) ensuring that the system is on-line daily;
- Ensure the integrity of all stored data;
- Develop a maintenance schedule for all computer hardware, software and networks, and ensure that it is followed;
- Set-up and maintain e-mail and other accounts ;
- Ensure the safe disposal of obsolete equipment in line with recognised procedures;
- Maintain an up‐to‐date inventory of hardware, software and licences;
- Support end-users with IT-related problems in a responsive and service oriented manner;
- Manage time and projects effectively;
- Training staff on IT related equipment and software usage;
- Assist with the troubleshooting, installation, and implementation of IT systems;
- Provide input and recommendations to the organization surrounding hardware and software technologies and how these technologies can assist the organization; and
- Develop and monitor performance levels of software and hardware, and evaluate, recommend, and propose alternative methods of information processing.
The incumbent will be expected to;
- Demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of diligence to the needs and requests of staff;
- Understand IT safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace;
- Accurately provide and receive information in oral and written communication;
- Consistently provide ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional way;
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities;
- Take the initiative to identify and act on problems and lead by example; and
- Consistently make decisions that resolve IT related problems;
- Be organized, thorough, and have great attention to detail.
Proposed start date: Mid January 2015
Required Skills or Experience
- A first degree, HND or higher certificate in IT;
- Advanced understanding of computer hardware and software systems, and network installation and administration;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of hardware and networking basics;
- Ability to install, configure, troubleshoot and support Windows clients and servers;
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Experience with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems;
- High level of analytical thinking to solve problems with an understanding of technology as well as an ability to ask the right questions and apply solutions to business problems;
- Effective oral, electronic and written communication with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to document processes, procedures, and results;
- Ability to consistently follow protocol and instructions ;
- Experience in computer troubleshooting;
- Experience with computer viruses and security;
- Experience with email and internet programs;
- Experience conducting staff trainings;
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer as needed;
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with high proficiency in Word and Excel;
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment; and
- 2 years’ experience in an IT firm or its equivalent.
How to Apply
- The deadline for applications to this position is January 6, 2015. Applications will however be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Due to the high volume of applications received by IPA
- Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted by email or phone.