Graduate Recruitment 2013 at African Development Bank Group
Young Professionals Program – YPP 2013
- Position title: Young Professionals Program – YPP 2013
- Grade: PL-6
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: NA
- Publication date: 26/04/2013
- Closing date: 21/06/2013
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) targets motivated and talented individuals under thirty-two (32) years of age, who are committed to African development, have demonstrated outstanding academic and professional achievement, and have demonstrated effective team work and leadership potential.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) hires approximately twenty (20) young professionals each year. Upon acceptance of offer and entry, the YPs complete a mandatory minimum of two years and maximum of three years on rotational assignments in different organizational units and sectors within the Bank. The YPs will undergo on-the-job training and mentoring that will equip them with skills, knowledge and experience to address developmental issues in Africa in particular and the developing world in general. At the end of three years and upon successful completion of the program, the YPs will be equipped to compete for any relevant vacancies in the AfDB.
Duties and responsibilities
2013 YPP Selection Criteria
The following established selection criteria guide the recruitment and selection into the Program, and at no time will the Bank make an exception for any candidate:
- Citizen of a member country (regional or non-regional) of the AfDB.
- A maximum of 32 years of age by December 31st of the selection year.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance, or any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, and with outstanding academic credentials.
- Multi-disciplinary background and a minimum of three years relevant work experience. Demonstrated strong analytical skills; dynamism; results-orientation; and problem-solving capability.
- Areas of particular interest to the Program include leadership potential; ability to work in a variety of operational and corporate tasks; ability to leverage knowledge with others; and adaptability to working in a multicultural setting.
- Demonstrated passion for development issues and a commitment to Africa (field experience on the continent and/or in other developing countries is an added advantage).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English or French with a working knowledge of the other language (working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank’s operations in Africa is an advantage).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (PowerPoint, Excel, Visio). Additional I.T. skills are an advantage.
In addition, the AfDB will take into account skills in areas such as Information Communication and Technology (ICT); People management and Administration; Fiduciary Risks (i.e. Audit, Risk Management and Anti-Corruption); and Knowledge Management.
Please note that all applicants must have completed and obtained a Master’s or equivalent Degree Certificate by the time the vacancy announcement closes to be considered for the program.
Applications will be accepted until midnight (Tunis time) of the closing date and will not accept any application submissions after the closing date of the Vacancy AnnouncementHow to Apply
Submit your Application and CV online : Click Here
Officially posted first at JobwebGhana.com