CARE International Jobs : Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Welcome to jobwebghana.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ghana. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to 0201533571
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Bolgatanga, Upper East, Ghana
- State: Bolgatanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
CARE works in 87 countries around the world to support over 900 poverty-fighting development and emergency projects.
To serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (M&E) – Northern Ghana Governance Activity Project (NGGA).
The NGGA initiative in Ghana is part of CARE Ghana program that seeks to promote and strengthen responsive governance for improved agricultural development in Ghana. CARE is the lead implementer in a consortium for the capacity building intervention located in 26 target MMDAs of the Northern, Upper East and Upper West Regions of Ghana. The NGGA consortium brings together first-hand knowledge and expertise in evidence-based, gender responsive development programming in Northern Ghana to empower poor women and smallholder farmers to promote more productive and equitable engagement in Agriculture through training, networking, advocacy and joint action. This Northern Ghana Governance Activity is being implemented with the generous support of the American People, through USAID.
The Regional M&E Officer is responsible for supporting project teams and stakeholders, data collection and capacity building of stakeholders as well as project documentation and dissemination to guide program management in the achievement of the overall goal of Northern Ghana Governance Activity (NGGA).The position is based in Bolgatanga and would undertake regular travel to the communities and operational area of the project in Upper East region. The regional M & E Officer will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) Specialist.
- Management and Coordination of all NGGA M&E related Programmes and Activities in the Upper East region;
- Assist partner CSOs to Develop Mechanisms for Promoting Citizen-based Monitoring and Evaluation of agricultural Policies and Programmes in the region;
- Continuous Monitoring and data collection:
- Carry out Joint Periodic Field Monitoring Visits to verify Project Implementation;
- Work with CSOs and Communities in the region to ensure Participation and Monitoring of Digital –E platform;
- Carry out Periodic Compilation, Synthesis and Analysis of Regional Level Data;
- Prepare Periodic Reports on findings of field visits with Geo-Tagged GPS Locations in Standardized Reporting Format for the MIS
- Work as a regional focal person and support districts and community level CSOs including women led platforms in collecting, tracking and reporting of district Level Monitoring Data;
Support M&E Strategy
- Provide Lead in the implementation of Zonal Level Three Pronged M & E Strategy, which includes (a) Measuring of Impact and Outcomes of the Project (b) CSO Monitoring of MMDA Capital Investment Projects and Campaigns in Districts of the Zone and (c) Direct Community Monitoring of MMDA agricultural projects and campaigns in districts within your region;
- Gender Inclusiveness
- Ensure gender sensitive and Inclusive M & E in the region by monitoring the needs of women and men, children and adults, the aged, people with disability and excluded in capital Projects;
- Disseminate M&E results and information to staff at the community, district, Sub-office and head office as well as partners and project beneficiaries
- Participate in forums to share program based information with stakeholders at the district, Sub office and national levels
- Develop quarterly impact measurement reports to keep clients informed on program activities and performance
Required Skills or Experience
Qualifications & Skills
A minimum qualification of first degree in agricultural sciences, Development Planning, Statistics, Project Management or other related fields from a recognized University.
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years experience in project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation especially at the local level
- Ability to ride a motorbike
- Skills in developing appropriate data collection tools, and ability to assist in collecting required data, analyze, integrate and use such data to accurately identify and diagnose key issues and further assist in developing strategies and plan to resolve them
- Familiarity with the key constraints in the agricultural sector
- Commitment to achieving results, deadline driven, proactive and self motivated.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SPSS, MS Project
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and experience.
- Excellent oral and written English is required. Fluency in some of the local language(s) in the region the applicant is applying for would be an asset.
- Ability to build and work in a team
- NGOs experience; development M & E, quality improvement experience
How to Apply
- PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
- Closing date for submission of applications is Tuesday 14th June, 2016.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.