APM Terminals Job Vacancy : Mechanical & Electrical Manager
Welcome to jobwebghana.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ghana. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to 0201533571
- Company: APM Terminals
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
Meridian Port Services (MPS) in Ghana is a dynamic, modern container terminal with an overall commitment to excellence. Meridian Port Services Limited is a joint venture between Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority And Meridian Port Holdings Limited, which is in turn a joint venture with Bolloré Group and APM Terminals as the two main shareholders.
The Port of Tema handles approximately 70% of Ghana’s seaborne freight traffic. It also serves to some extent as a gateway for the landlocked countries of Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso.
Delivering an integrated, commissioned and working terminal to the operations team is an important value driver within APM Terminals.
The objective of this position is to manage, direct and control the delivery of the mechanical and electrical packages.
For this expansion project, the Construction team is currently being formed and is looking for a dynamic Mechanical & Electrical Manager to reinforce the team.
The position reports to the Head of Construction & Equipment
• An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals has the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
• Direct influence on strategic level decisions.
• Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
• Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
• Drive and lead the mechanical and electrical installation packages in line with the project’s scope, timeline, quality, budget and objectives.
• Engage in close cooperation with the Interface, Civil, Equipment and IT Managers to understand and manage critical dependencies affecting construction.
• Manage all changes to the mechanical and electrical scope, schedule and budget.
• Act as primary APMT point of contact towards the mechanical and electrical consultants, contractors and suppliers.
• Lead the design, manage works supervision and control progress in a transparent manner.
• Influence decision making processes on the mechanical and electrical aspects of the project and cross-functionally advise relevant management.
• Maintain awareness of mechanical and electrical requirements, risks and changes. Report progress and liaise as necessary.
• Ensure that commissioning, safety and compliance are addressed early in the project.
• Oversee constructability and the value engineering processes for the civil project scope.
• Assist the Contracts Manager with the administration of the M&E contracts.
• Manage and drive site safety in all areas, but with specific responsibility for M&E.
• Actively promote safety and assume a visible leadership role on the construction site and support that all staff maintain full awareness of safety as a priority.
• Monitor compliance by all designers and contractors to APM Terminals’ safety standards and policies in cooperation with the on-site HSSE manager.
• Ensure that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements.
• Advise on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimize the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint.
• Implement APMT project controls/project procedures to manage the construction in a forward-looking manner.
• Track construction progress against the approved baseline and, where appropriate, ensure issues are pro-actively addressed, resolved and/or escalated and reported.
• Analyze schedules, assess delays and report on (possible) mitigative or corrective measures.
• Assess changes and their impacts, and manage them in line with company procedures.
• In line with corporate standards, implement best in class project management practices across the construction project and ensure they are consistently deployed by APMT staff, designers and contractors.
• Maintain high technical standards and pioneer new techniques for improved civil assets.
• Monitor and assess civil opportunities, risks and subsequent mitigation strategies, and track such risks through input into the project risk register.
• Ensure the Engineer / PMC fulfils his role under the contract.
• Ensure clear communication within the asset delivery team.
• Ensure consistent input into project reporting.
• Meet regularly with the designers and contractors to maintain full awareness of issues which may affect safety, scope, progress, interfaces, milestones and/or budget.
• Address emerging issues and disputes with the Head of Construction and Equipment.
• Build working relations with designers and contractors to influence the good outcome of delivering a terminal ready for operations.
• Build collaborative relationships with associated divisions and external parties.
• Liaise with the project engineering department at the APM Terminals head office to ensure consistency with APM Terminals’ standard requirements.
Who we are looking for
• BSc Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or similar.
• Minimum 15 years relevant experience in a mechanical and electrical design, engineering and/or construction project related environment.
• Project or package management experience.
• Use and set-up of BIM (building information modelling) to ensure systems are coordinated in a complex construction project.
• Testing and commissioning of mechanical and electrical systems and components.
• Responsibility on achieving safety, time and budget targets.
• Have a strong understanding of mechanical and electrical design and construction, built on a solid foundation of technical engineering skills.
• Team player, capable of motivating peers and reports in order to achieve project success.
• Good communication skills, with fluent written and verbal English is a must.
• Driven, self-motivating, result orientated.
• Highly disciplined – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation.
• High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care.
• Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, in regard to colleagues, employees of designers and contractors, and other stakeholders.
• Africa experience is seen as a major advantage.