AMPLIFIES Job Vacancy : Communications Officer
Welcome to jobwebghana.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ghana. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to 0201533571
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising / Media Jobs in Ghana
- Position: Communications Officer
- Organization: AMPLIFIES Ghana (USDA funded project)
- Reporting to: Chief of Party
- Location: Accra, Ghana (Office based in Osu)
- Start date: Mid to late January 2017
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is implementing a five-year Food for Progress funded poultry value chain enhancement initiative carried out, in part, by the AMPLIFIES Ghana Project. The aim of USDA’s effort is to increase the competitiveness Ghana’s poultry sector and increase the domestic production of poultry meat and eggs, with AMPLIFIES’ primary focus being poultry feed efficiencies.
The Communications Officer will use their expertise to increase awareness and support of the AMPLIFIES Ghana program and the ASA’s WISHH program. The officer will maintain and strengthen relationships with stakeholders and identify opportunities for additional partnerships. The officer will work with Ghana staff and WISHH HQ staff to develop strategic messaging to promote the positive impacts of the AMPLIFIES program.
- Provide strategic communications advice to AMPLIFIES staff to increase local and US support and visibility of the AMPLIFIES program.
- Assist with the implementation of a multi-party Communications Matrix for the life of the project.
- Liaise with local stakeholders including USDA, MOFA, ACDI/VOCA (and many others) implementing partners of the AMPLFIES program in the development of communication and outreach materials.
- Participate in the communication of program results, news items and other matters of interest to meet the needs of targeted donors and various US and Ghanaian audiences. Document successes stories and case studies stemming from project activities.
- Engage in regular discussions with stakeholders and partners to identify opportunities for outreach materials that are of interest to relevant partners and the donor.
- Provide input regarding ongoing opportunities to continue branding the AMPLIFIES program, particularly as pertains to AMPLIFIES’ National Egg Consumption Campaign efforts. This will involve close collaboration with COP, DCOP, Technical Specialist and consultants on media messaging and relations, as well as input into all Egg Campaign activity content.
- Represent AMPLIFIES at appropriate activities, workshops, conferences and events and take detailed minutes and proceedings for onward sharing to ASA/WISHH and AMPLIFIES staff, as well as donor and partner representative.
- Provide proactive recommendations on how AMPLIFIES and GPP can coordinate messaging and communications to clarify their respective roles and capitalize on potential synergies
- Provide articles and/or press releases and/or videos and/or photos and/or social media as requested by ASA/WISHH HQ and USDA. Manage a repository of audio/visual materials.
- Conduct media monitoring (Monitor announcements and news related to AMPLIFIES activities and regularly distribute that information to staff).
- Assist ASA/WISHH with website content development and other social media activities, and lead the preparation of newsletters, tech briefs, brochures, leaflets and other products.
- Assist with the preparation of routine, official and protocol-oriented correspondence.
- Perform any other duties as per the COP and ASA/WISHH’s directions.
Required Skills or Experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to support a diverse organization; Must be able to work independently with ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of agricultural industry and public affairs a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree in communications, journalism or related field or equivalent work experience, or combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working for an NGO, an international organization or the development sector would be highly beneficial.
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communications aptitude combined with strong grammar, spelling and punctuation skills. Must enjoy writing with an ability to accentuate the organization’s achievements.
- The candidate may be subject to a written test and be asked to provide writing samples from previous jobs.
- Must have highly developed oral and written communication skills and be an expert listener; must be comfortable with engaging with people from other countries in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written); attuned to others through strong active listening skills, ability to relate professionally and communicate effectively with staff, consultants, governance committee, and outside contacts; must have superior business writing and proofreading skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) with a proven knowledge of word processing, presentation software, Internet and electronic mail a must. MS Visio, Publisher, Corel Draw and/or other design and website development software experience required.
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task and prioritize in a complex, demanding atmosphere. Attention to detail is a must.
Leadership and Organization Skills
- Solid leadership skills including persuasion/negotiation skills and ability to problem solve;
- Ability to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others, and company documents and records;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills a must;
- Capacity to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines, monitor multiple projects and follow directions and attention to detail.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.