Afrobarometer Job Vacancy : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Welcome to jobwebghana.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ghana. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to 0201533571
- Company: Afrobarometer
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
Title: Afrobarometer Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Department: Afrobarometer Project Management Unit (PMU)
Reports To: Afrobarometer Operations Manager / PMU
Afrobarometer (AB) is an independent, non-partisan, Pan-African research project that measures the social, political, and economic atmosphere in more than 35 African countries through public attitude surveys. The AB network comprises over 40 partner organizations that conduct survey research, and analyze and publicize results to media, government and non-government policy makers, businesses and the international community, as well as ordinary citizens. Afrobarometer’s main goal is to give voice to ordinary Africans in policy-making and political processes on the continent. The Center for Democratic Development in Ghana (CDD Ghana) is a Core Partners in the Afrobarometer and houses the network’s Project Management Unit (PMU).
AB, along with its donors and stakeholders, constantly tracks the project’s activities, visibility, use and impact, both to record and report on AB successes, and to identify areas for improvement. The monitoring and evaluation (M&E) function is thus a vital component of the work of the AB.
The Afrobarometer Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (AB M&E Officer) will oversee all network M&E systems and procedures, and will design and implement upgrades to the existing M&E system as necessary. The M&E Officer will work closely with the M&E assistant, Afrobarometer Core Partners and Afrobarometer National Partners to track activities, outputs, achievements, visibility, use and impact of Afrobarometer work, and ensure that all project achievements are recorded and reported in a concise, accessible, and comprehensive format. The M&E Officer will also be responsible for developing improved feedback, knowledge sharing and learning mechanisms within the network, enabling network staff to both recognize achievements and successes in reaching or exceeding targets, as well as identify shortfalls that need to be addressed.
The M&E Officer will be based at CDD-Ghana, and report to the Operations Manager for the Project Management Unit (OM/PMU).
- PROGRAM MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Regularly update and maintain AB’s existing M&E reporting tools and trackers, including reporting forms, AB’s logical framework, the ‘AB CV,’ the AB Portfolio of Policy Visibility and Impact, AB calendars, and related documents.
- Ensure that all project achievements are recorded and reported in a timely manner and in a concise, accessible, and comprehensive format.
- Provide training and technical assistance to Afrobarometer staff and partners on M&E, as needed.
- Assist AB Management in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting of donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation.
- Prepare and manage a detailed M&E budget in collaboration with OM/PMU.
- Participate in planning and leading the ‘Debrief Workshop’ with all partners at the end of each round of surveys to identify lessons learned; monitor follow up on recommendations and suggestions.
- Review the M&E Strategy at the end of each round of surveys with management and revise if necessary.
- SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT AND ANALYSIS
- Review AB’s existing M&E framework, and identify potential innovations, updates and improvements; implement adaptations as agreed with AB management. Special attention should be given to strengthening mechanisms for monitoring Afrobarometer’s ‘policy visibility’ as well as use of the data and evidence of policy impact.
- Develop improved feedback, knowledge sharing and learning mechanisms within the network, enabling network staff to both recognize achievements and successes in reaching or exceeding targets, and identify shortfalls that need to be addressed.
- Lead planning, implementation and reporting in collaboration with the OM/Fieldwork, for a) Afrobarometer’s ‘Policy Users Surveys’, a key M&E tool for tracking visibility and utilization of AB among key stakeholders in selected countries, and b) Afrobarometer’s internal mid-term evaluation.
- Monitor the response to all project evaluation recommendations and support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture project progress.
- COMMUNICATIONS AND REPORTING
- Contribute significantly to preparation of narrative reports to AB donors.
- Collaborate closely with AB staff and partner institutions to ensure effective and timely gathering and reporting of M&E information.
- Fulfill regular indicator reporting requirements and respond to ad hoc requests for information on AB indicators from inside and outside the network.
- Coordinate collaboration with selected implementing partners from outside the network to fulfill donor requirements.
- Review and analyze weekly reports with the OM/PMU to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Perform other activities as required by the Operations Manager/Project Management Unit and the Executive Team.
Expected Qualifications and Required Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, International Development or a related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience designing, implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation systems and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods, indicator development, and study design is essential; experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, including survey design, implementation and analysis, is highly desirable, as is familiarity with data analysis software like SPSS or Stata.
- Experience developing results frameworks, logical frameworks or related tools.
- Familiarity with M&E software or database tools such as M&E Online is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of an international team connected mainly electronically (through email, telephone, Skype, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and coherent reports.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and lead a growing M&E program.
- Availability for international travel.
- Working knowledge of French is desirable but not a requirement.
- Interest in democracy and development issues in Africa is also a plus.
- This is a one year, fixed-term appointment with potential for renewal
- Starting date is 1 May 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- For more information on the Afrobarometer, please visit www.afrobarometer.org