Cover Letter Sample for Fresh Agricultural Engineering Graduates
Welcome to jobwebghana.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ghana. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to 0201533571
Human Resource Manager
Mantrac Agric Services
3rd Lagos Avenue
Box 333, East
On the 22nd February, 2013 Mantrac Agric Services advertised for the position of Agricultural Engineer in the Times News Paper. This position is a perfect fit for my academic qualification. I am a degree holder in Agricultural Engineering from the University of Tokyo, Japan. I also hold a Master’s degree in Irrigation Engineering from the same University. After completing my Master’s in 2005, I worked for six years as an Agricultural Engineer in Benko Agricultural Engineering Services.
Most of my job experience includes the design of agricultural machinery and equipment using computer technology, engineering design and manufacturing of crop storage, animal storage structures, supervision of food processing and plant operations and report preparation with analytical graphs after a research work on the field.
Besides my experience and qualification is my dedication to project. I am time conscious and able to work under pressure. One of my best experience is in the field of research and report writing. I recently won a contract for my recent company due to the exceptional proposal research I wrote to the Government.
I am friendly with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. I am a team player with good human relation skills.
I am enthused by this opportunity available in your reputable company and will be happy to meet you in person to further discuss my qualification and experience for this job.
Sincerely,[Your Name] Enclosure
Job Description of an Agricultural Engineer
Agricultural Engineering deals in agricultural production and processing as a discipline. Most of the time when we talk about Agricultural Engineering, the first thing that comes to mind is Farm activities. But Agricultural Engineering cuts across other disciplines such as Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Plant Studies and Animal Biology and Conservation Science.
To become an Agricultural Engineer, one must be good in Mathematics, Biology and a bit of Physics. At University level, one must study Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering or related discipline such as Agricultural Science, Animal Biology, Botany and Mechanical Engineering. As one of the oldest Engineering discipline, Agricultural Engineers apply knowledge of engineering to design simple but useful structures, equipment and machinery.
Agricultural Engineers have a vast list of professional bodies that they can join
- National Fluid Power Association (NFPA)
- Association of Equipment Manufactures (AEM)
- Council on Agricultural and Science Technologies (CAST)
- American Society of Biological and Agricultural Engineers (ASABE)
- Agricultural Safety & Health Council of America (ASHCA)
As an Agricultural Engineer, one can work in Research Institutions especially the Universities, Mechanical Engineering fields, Food Processing and Safety Fields, Livestock rearing fields and farm cultivation and harvesting.
Agricultural Engineers are also expected to be smart and work in a team. One must also keep updated on technology and the modern equipment on the market with corresponding technological implementations
The job description of an Agricultural Engineer is spelled out clearly:
- Production of machinery or supervision one
- Estimating and minimizing cost, safety and reliability situations
- Design and implement barns, farmhouses and closely monitored shelters
- Develop and new modules of pesticides and insecticides. This can be achieved through research
- Designing harvest and power units for agriculture purpose
- Safety and environmental control of aquaculture, poultry and livestock
- Serving as Veterinary Officers for home grown Animals
- Measuring the chemical composition of water and advising on managing pollution.
- Extreme research base is also an important task of an Agricultural Engineer. Without research, the last discovery will not be realized.